List doesn't auto-refresh

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: List doesn't auto-refresh

Post by admin »

antithesis wrote:Also, when you rename a file, it also does not auto-refresh and auto-sorts it. You have to manually press F5 to do it.
Ensure this is ticked:
Configuration | Refresh, Icons, History | Auto-Refresh | Auto-refresh
antithesis wrote:At times, when you try to select the file, it does not do anything and it appears that file is not getting selected with single click. Even though it does not show, if you look the base in the status bar, the file is actually selected....thinking is some sort of bug.
Hmm, quite unusual. It might be the File Info Tips, depending on the installed shell extensions they can take long for certain file types. Try to untick this and see if it makes a difference:
Configuration | File Info Tips | Show file info tips

eil

Post by eil »

Don, while you're at it, is there some way to detect that there is operation going on in current folder and delay refresh? quite often i find myself in folder that copy or download is happening into, and XY gets into perma-refresh. as a result quite often i have to switch of Auto-Refresh, which doesn't really make workflow better as i forget to switch it back on later.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

highend

Post by highend »

Do you have Configuration | Refresh, Icons, History | Auto-Refresh | Refresh during file operations
turned on?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eil wrote:Don, while you're at it, is there some way to detect that there is operation going on in current folder and delay refresh? quite often i find myself in folder that copy or download is happening into, and XY gets into perma-refresh. as a result quite often i have to switch of Auto-Refresh, which doesn't really make workflow better as i forget to switch it back on later.
Well, also this should be handled much smoother in v17.50.0214. Did you try it?

(And sure, highend's tip will help a lot as well.)

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:Actually I'm trying something right now. The next version will show if I'm smart enough for this...
You may want to double check what happens when both active tabs point to the same path - it appears to only refresh the most recently opened not necessarily the active pane's active tab.

In fresh:

Code: Select all

::logchange 7;goto %tmp%;filter 'hellotest';focus 'PI';goto %tmp%;filter 'hellotest';focus 'PI';run 'cmd /c echo hi > hellotest';wait 1000;text get('debuglog');delete 1, 1, "%tmp%\hellotest";

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

TheQwerty wrote:You may want to double check what happens when both active tabs point to the same path - it appears to only refresh the most recently opened not necessarily the active pane's active tab.
On a related note, perhaps, I am working with synced dual panes pointing to the same folder in both source and backup drives, and have encountered the refresh problem a number of times now (with v17.50.0214). In this case, I have a visual filter enabled in the first pane, select all the files and run a script that toggles the read-only state. Then I update all the files elsewhere in another program. At some point, I fail to see the read-only attributes update properly from the script and also don't see the updated modified timestamps of the files.

I should have clear example of this with screenshots and log, soon.
Last edited by Jerry on 15 Feb 2017 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Issue confirmed. Fix coming...

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

was this issue fixed in any of the updates? I seem to be having a similar issue.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was fixed.

What is your issue?

m48tx

Post by m48tx »

Win7 64-bit, 17.70.0100

Don, I have the same issue. Sometimes, when an external program is used to rename files, the list is not updated in XY. F5 required. I cannot predict when it will happen. Also, sometimes when files are moved from one drive to another, F5 is required to make the source names disappear.

Almost always, I have to use F4 to refresh folder list when new folders are added from inside or outside of XY.

Not necessarily bugs, but not in keeping with the awesomeness of XY.

P.S. I know you are tired of me reporting this, but drag/drop quits in 17.70.0100. Is this a mouse issue related to my PicaView window thing that you fixed?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try this and see if anything appears in the status bar on such an event. If not then Windows does not notify XY of the event.

Code: Select all

::logchange 1 + 8;
Dunno what's going on there. The last time I used F4 must be like 10 years ago.

Might be PicaView is causing the mouse trouble. But my recent fix has nothing to do with it.

m48tx

Post by m48tx »

Well, there is a big possibility the suspect program creating the folder is not reporting it to Windows. If I have both DirOpus and XY open, and create a folder with DirOpus, it appears in XY folder list. I'll keep testing, but as you point out the issue is very likely not with XY.

::logchange 1 + 8; shows on status bar: logchange: 9