Opening files in Photoshop

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Ruben Keestra

Opening files in Photoshop

Post by Ruben Keestra »

Hi there,

We discussed this some time ago: I would be very happy when files selected in XYplorer would open in the same order in Photoshop as they are sorted in XYplorer. Apparently this is difficult/impossible. But lately (the last few versions) I notice that even not all files are opened. For example, I tried to select 18 files and open them in PS, then only 16 of them are appearing in PS. Very strange. This happens often now. I would be very happy if this can be fixed (preferable both problems) since I can do so much in XYplorer that I can't in Adobe Bridge.

I saw in the forum that many people have problems with XYplorer crashes. I am one of them!

Thanks for the support,

Ruben

RalphM

Re: Opening files in Photoshop

Post by RalphM »

I saw in the forum that many people have problems with XYplorer crashes. I am one of them!
Please define many. I'm a regular on the forum and I am not aware of many users with crashes in XY. The few who had crashes could usually be helped after a detailed analysis of the scenario that led to their crashes, so I wouldn't see this as a general or known problem were one fix cures them all.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Ruben Keestra

Post by Ruben Keestra »

I can't say when it exactly crashes. I have the impression that the preview pane is part of the problem. XYplorer freezes when I select a larger pdf. There is a problem with previewing this. A large tiff image is no problem at all so I don't think the file size is the problem. PDF's are definitely a problem. I'll see if I can find the link between the crashes.

Ruben Keestra

Post by Ruben Keestra »

A crash! I tried to rename a video file (MKV), about 3 GB large. I don't know if this is relevant, but one tab with a network location was opened.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Conc. the topic (Opening files in Photoshop): Cannot confirm. Works flawless here. How exactly do you open the files?

Conc. "many crashes": I don't know what you are talking about. *Very* rarely we get reports about crashes, and in most of the times (like 99%) a 3rd party application turns out to be causing it. In all other cases the crash is fixed in no time. There are no open crash issues in XY. Or maybe there is one? Read on...

Conc. your crash: Can you reproduce the issue when renaming that file?