Missing icons beside file/folder name

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
spinner

Post by spinner »

admin wrote:
spinner wrote:The smaller icon size lets the lines of file and folder listings in other applications become less tall and that way I see more lines on a screen which lists files and folders. Personally, I find that very useful.
That convinced me, man! And, would you believe, I did it and it works! The app reads "Shell Small Icon Size" from registry at startup and reacts properly.

Now I'm very curious if it works at your computer, too! :wink:
I am glad you think the notion of smaller small icons is a reasonable one! I have downloaded v3.60.0104 Beta and it works very nicely with small icons.

As an aside, I can't find any other way to reduce the row height of a "list details" display in an application like Win Explorer. Changing the font size doesn't help if the icon is big enough to keep the line height "propped up".

Elsewhere in this thread you say this:
admin wrote:concerning the display Custom Drive Icons: seems to work fine. This is how I created a custom icon for my drive E:

How to test drive icons with TV3 (example for drive E):
--- Regedit
--- Create this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\E\DefaultIcon\
--- in "DefaultIcon" you'll see an automatically created string named "(Default)" (dt. "(Standard)")
--- set the value of Default to the path of the icon you created, eg C:\WINDOWS\WorkDrive.ico. This should be a 16x16 32-bit WindowsXP icon (but others may work, too, dunno).
--- restart TrackerV3
I have taken a look at that key in the registry and I agree that that is where I would expect custom icons to go. But MicroAngelo puts its custom icons into the registry in some other way. Not to worry because TrackerV3 now picks them up. But it's strange. There is no entry in that registry key on my PC for my drive D and yet my drive D has a custom icon which Windows Explorer can see and which now TrackerV3 can see.

If I look around the registry I can see that MicroAngleo has created its own little drive icon area and it uses this key:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-861567501-920026266-1957994488-1003\Software\Impact\Microangelo\OnDisplay\LastSelection\Drive\\D.

However all is well as far as TrackerV3 is now concerned as it picks up that MicroAngelo custom icon in both TrackerV3's left and right pane accordingly.

Many thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool that TV3 now shows your custom drive icons, and it's also a miracle because I did not change a thing about it!! WOW ... don't ask, just thank the mighty universe :D