Report not working for large result list

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Jerry

Report not working for large result list

Post by Jerry »

[Using v17.00.0211]

I am running a search across multiple drives and trying to report the results into a file or the clipboard. My search parameters are:

Location: "VIDEO 1:\" | "VIDEO 2:\" | "VIDEO 3:\" |" VIDEO 4:\" | "VIDEO 5:\" | "VIDEO 6:\" | "VIDEO 7:\"
Type: Video Files

The search succeeds and finds 11,692 items. But when I try to generate a report I have problems:

Current date, Path, Column Headers, | delimiter
All the "To" buttons give ERROR: Folder not found: "

I run this search template only now and then, so I can't really say when the problem first appeared.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Report not working for large result list

Post by admin »

The problem is not the large result list but the quotes in your multi location list. Where did you see this in the docs? Quotes are not supposed to be there. :)

Anyway, I changed the code to make it tolerate the quotes. There is even one case where they can come in handy. See the next change log...

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

admin wrote:The problem is not the large result list but the quotes in your multi location list. Where did you see this in the docs? Quotes are not supposed to be there. :)
Anyway, I changed the code to make it tolerate the quotes. There is even one case where they can come in handy. See the next change log...
Sorry, I had some initial trouble getting the search to work for some reason and starting adding the double-quotes (thinking it was the embedded spaces), but you are right, still using v17.00.0211, it works fine with just
VIDEO 1:\ | VIDEO 2:\ | VIDEO 3:\ | VIDEO 4:\ | VIDEO 5:\ | VIDEO 6:\ | VIDEO 7:\
I should have double-checked.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Using 17.40.0205
Having trouble again with this particular search. Only just discovered now, because I run it infrequently.
The problem now is that the very first drive that appears in the list is getting appended to the previous entry in the Location list and gets omitted from the search:

Code: Select all

VIDEO 1:\ | VIDEO 2:\ | VIDEO 3:\ | VIDEO 4:\ | VIDEO 5:\ | VIDEO 6:\ | VIDEO 7:\
unless I add it twice:

VIDEO 1:\ | VIDEO 1:\ | VIDEO 2:\ | VIDEO 3:\ | VIDEO 4:\ | VIDEO 5:\ | VIDEO 6:\ | VIDEO 7:\
The problem is more clearly manifested if you run with XYplorer /fresh so that the Location dropdown list is initially set to This PC. Then, when I run the first location expression above, the Find Files fails with the following error because the first video drive gets appended to the prior, default location entry, This PC:

Search location currently not available:
P:\Tools\XYplorer\This PC\VIDEO 1

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Confirmed, fix comes. Thanks!