Suppress delete confirmation dialog Fails

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tiago

Suppress delete confirmation dialog Fails

Post by tiago »

"Suppress delete confirmation dialog" is unticked, yet when I press the delete key the items are flushed to the bin.
Power-hungry user!!!

Papoulka

Re: Suppress delete confirmation dialog Fails

Post by Papoulka »

Right-click your Recycle Bin, then check 'Properties'. Have you enabled the confirmation there? I think the XY setting works on top of this one.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tiago

Post by tiago »

The thing here is: delete key is not reliable once pressed from inside XYplorer as it brings OS related surprises while portability on a file manager should stand for a fixed point to rely on regardless of the host OS. My current setup completely wipes DEL association from CKS as some guests pressed it by accident filling my bin with several unexpected missing files and folders.

Quoting from this thread: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 80#p139304 ,
admin wrote: XY's version would be less strict and more portable. Just a quick little safety plus on the road.
Last edited by tiago on 03 Jun 2016 18:04, edited 4 times in total.
Power-hungry user!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I might add "Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Safety Belts | Confirm delete operations" in one of the next versions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:I might add "Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Safety Belts | Confirm delete operations" in one of the next versions.
Unfortunately there is no way to determine programmatically whether the Windows delete confirmation dialog is enabled or not (nor to enable it programmatically). I searched the complete internet. Twice. Nothing.

So, if I add this option, then you will get 2 prompts on every delete operation if the Windows delete confirmation dialog is enabled. Hmm. Is that good? Maybe.

tiago

Post by tiago »

If that's the case I prefer having once a warning noticing what should I do about it than nothing just to find out when backups are made that some material is missing, mistakenly doomed to bin.

Thanks much for the effort! :tup:
Power-hungry user!!!