"Absorbed" mouse clicks

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tciemier

Re: "Absorbed" mouse clicks

Post by tciemier »

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. I open the program, view a partition on my drive, and attempt to open a folder or file (e.g., .zip, .exe, or .pdf) with a single click. Sometimes the folder/file will open; often it requires repeated tries before opening. My File Explorer Option is set to open files with a single vice double click. This problem occurs whether I try to access files on an SSD, hard drive or NAS. I do not know how else to explain it. As I stated before, I am continuing to use v 16.40 Pro, since the problem doesn't appear to occur with earlier versions of the program. I just downloaded your 16.70 and will try it later today or tomorrow. Hopefully this helps. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you are talking about this setting: Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Mouse | Single click on icon opens list items ?
And you are reporting that it does not work as advertised?

tciemier

Post by tciemier »

The answer to your question is, yes. I have the XYplorer configuration file option, as well as W10 File Explorer Option, set to single click. For the most part, single click works as advertised. It's just that too often (maybe 20% of the time) I have to double click in XYplorer.
I updated to 16.70 this morning and gave it quite a workout. At first I thought the problem had disappeared, but I was overly optimistic. A number of times (not every time), I had the mouse pointer poised over a folder icon and had to click 8-11 times before the folder would open. Sometimes I had to click, pause, then click again for a folder to open. I even changed to a different mouse in case there was a problem with my mouse driver. This did not help. I once again fell back to version 16.40 and no longer have this issue. It's almost like a buffer gets filled up or overflows temporarily (remember, I'm not a programmer; so, don't laugh). Anyway, I quit for the day.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Just curious but what is your View? Is it it Details? Icons? Thumbnails?

tciemier

Post by tciemier »

Details.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried hard to get a single absorbed click but failed. :?

Just a vague idea: Turn this off:
Configuration | File Info Tips | Show file info tips

tciemier

Post by tciemier »

Donald -- Generally, when I have downloaded an update, I downloaded the No-Install Package (ZIP) version of the program. Then I just copied the new files into the XYplorer folder. Never had a problem.
So, I thought I would try something different. I downloaded and installed the 16.70 .exe version of XYplorer and reinstalled from scratch. After re-registering, I configured the newly installed program to look/act like the older version.
I tell you this because I no longer appear to have the problem with “absorbed” mouse clicks. That’s good news, and thank you for your time in helping to resolve this problem.
But, now I have a question. I have a 3-monitor system, and rather than drag XYplorer from one to another when required or to have multiple copies opened simultaneously, I had three separate XYplorer folders, each opening with a unique configuration to a different monitor. Worked like a charm. But, having just re-installed from scratch, I notice that XYplorer.ini is now located in the User/AppData/Roaming folder on the Windows Drive and having three uniquely configured copies of the program doesn’t appear to be possible. Is this hard coded or is there a work-around to allow the use of multiple configurations?
Once again, many thanks. – Ted Ciemier

highend

Post by highend »

F1 - Content - Configuration - Command Line Switches

/ini=...

or if it's really only about positioning:
/win=...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

tciemier

Post by tciemier »

Thanks very much. It looks like that will work (and is a better option than what I was doing).