Weird behavior in Raw View

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
steev

Weird behavior in Raw View

Post by steev »

This isn't a really a problem, just a weird behavior with the "Raw View" that I thought was notable.

On certain files with really long lines, they will wrap back over the top of themselves.
This all goes away when "word wrap" is selected.

attached image of what it looks like.
Attachments
wordwrap.png
wordwrap.png (34.65 KiB) Viewed 878 times

TheQwerty

Re: Weird behavior in Raw View

Post by TheQwerty »

1) Which font style are you using? (Click the orange arrow and look for the checked font.)
2) Could you share one of the problematic files?

Thus far I've been unable to reproduce this here.

steev

Post by steev »

The font style was "Heavy Font".
Unfortunately I can't share the files that do this. But they are mostly binary data, and are over 4 MBs in size.

Shortly after I wrote that post, the IT department took away my computer and replaced with a different one so I don't have the same HW and OS configuration anymore, nor do I have the same files. So, at the moment, I can't even repeat the problem. :oops:

steev

Post by steev »

Ok, I can now repeat the problem again but I was able to do it with a much simpler file. It's basically a UNIX formatted text file. (End of lines are line feeds only rather than carriage return line feed combos.) But the files have to be pretty large still. This one was just a bit over 1 MB in size.
overlapping.PNG
overlapping.PNG (81.3 KiB) Viewed 704 times
I can attach it if you want to take a look. But I think it's easy to create a file like that. Each line was generally between 104 and 108 characters and only delimited with a line feed.

Here is the same file in the Preview tab.
unixfile.PNG
unixfile.PNG (60.75 KiB) Viewed 704 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Made such a file but could not repro the problem. Please send me yours. (support at xyplorer.com)

steev

Post by steev »

File sent.

A slight nuance to the file I didn't notice right off, but the very first line did have a cr/lf, but the rest of the lines were all linefeed only. That may be what throws it all off.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the file! Yes, the mixed line endings were indeed causing the trouble. Got it sorted now.

steev

Post by steev »

This appears to be fixed now as of version17.60.0100! Thank you! :appl: