Sort By .. not working exactly how they should

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
turbore

Sort By .. not working exactly how they should

Post by turbore »

It seems trackerV3 is having problems sorting files by extension, look how avi and rar files are mixed among others:

*edited out image to save space in that hosting server

Basicaly i would like to have files sorted first by extension then by name.
Not sure how to do it though...
Last edited by turbore on 01 Dec 2004 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sort By .. not working exactly how they should

Post by admin »

turbore wrote:Basicaly i would like to have files sorted first by extension then by name.
That's exactly how it's supposed to work and does work (at least here).

I'm very surprised by your screenshot! Do you see this problem in each directory?

turbore

Post by turbore »

Well, its a bit weird.

For me this problem was quite common in tracker version 3.5, i'm not sure how and when it started, but not at the beginning, as i liked to use tracker at first, just lately as order of files messed up, i became annoyed and was thinking to drop it, just tried 3.6 version to see if things got fixed.

Now i did this screenshot in 3.6. At first it was fine, then i extracted some .zip archivefrom that directory into that directory and it got messed up. Now its fixed - i think restarting tracker may have done the trick, and at the moment i can't reproduce it.

Well, i'll be on guard, and will report if i'lll learn how to reproduce it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

turbore wrote:... then i extracted some .zip archive...
Ah ok, I see. This is one of the ways to kind of pass by the sorting mechanism. Another is to have the files sorted by name and then simply change the first letter of one file (rename it): the list won't get resorted automatically. Note that this is a feature, not a bug. To quickly refresh the sorting in such situations simply click any other column header and then again the current column header, and everything will be as expected.

turbore

Post by turbore »

I'm not so sure.
I mean i extracted only 1 archive and it looks like files, after choosing sort by ext, look like if sort by name is selected... And i did try to change it into sort by name then sort by ext few times, that didn't help...
Well, nevertheless its all right so far, can't reproduce it.