Preview 2.0 - Generic Thread

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
sfwood

Re: Preview 2.0 - Generic Thread

Post by sfwood »

Have noticed a glitch w/ the vertical preview pane--
When first activated the previews in the pane are shifted slightly down and push off the right side of the pane. This effect remains on switching among files in the list. If the preview pane is resized, even slightly, the preview jumps to being properly centered and having an equal margin on both sides, and this proper positioning and sizing remains in effect on switching among files in the list. This is in Windows 7. Currently running 16.40.0001.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot see that effect here. :?

Do you also get it with a fresh install?

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

Vertical preview pane sizing/centering glitch--
Yes it happens w/ fresh install. It doesn't happen if the pane is left open from previous run. I think I have tracked it down--it appears to be another Medium 125% fonts issue. Was able to make glitch go away by setting to Smaller 100% fonts.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, got it! Thanks! :tup:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:I think some logic is missing during the determination of the responsible preview category.

I'm playing with creating my own PreviewHandler, and to get started I registered my extension to handle .md.
By default .md is included in the Text Files category, so I unchecked it there and then added it to Office files (since we cannot remove default extensions).

However, when I attempt to preview a file in the new pane it says: File type excluded from preview in configuration.
Clicking on the helpful Preview Now button above the message shows XY's text preview instead of my PreviewHandler.
The same behavior occurs if I uncheck the entire Text Files category.

:bug: It seems XY uses the first matching instance of the extension without regard to whether that extension or category is checked or unchecked.

EDIT: More weirdness...
:bug: The Preview tab shows both my handler and your error:
2016-03-10 102650.png
:tup: But Floating Preview works as expected:
2016-03-10 102733.png
Yep, saw it, fixed it. Thanks! :tup:

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

I got a strange extremely nasty bug when viewing pdf. XYplorer is retained in memory after closing. Also in the current beta it has become impossible to view using AktiveX, which is extremely inconvenient. No viewer toolbar, context menu, and other amenities. Previously, it was possible to achieve this behavior by placing a pdf into the category of Web files instead of offices. Win7 x86

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sergey wrote:I got a strange extremely nasty bug when viewing pdf. XYplorer is retained in memory after closing. Also in the current beta it has become impossible to view using AktiveX, which is extremely inconvenient. No viewer toolbar, context menu, and other amenities. Previously, it was possible to achieve this behavior by placing a pdf into the category of Web files instead of offices. Win7 x86
You mean previously to v16.40.0003? Yes, that's a bug. Fix comes.

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

The bug is present in the version of 16.40.0004. The current stable version, it is also apparent when used Preview 2.0 when viewing pdf. When used to view pdf Active X error does not occur. But unfortunately in beta when using ActiveX viewer fails as broken. That was clear to see the pdf now, I use a trick that you specify: If you suffer from using Adobe for PDF previewing you can escape the crashes that typically come with Adobe by adding "pdf" to the Web Files category and unticking "pdf" in the "Office Files" category. Just as a viewer I use PDF XChange Viewer.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it will work again in v16.40.0005.