Preview 2.0 - Generic Thread

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Filehero

Re: Preview 2.0 - Generic Thread

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:I cannot reproduce it here. :?
It's not a biggie anyway. I try to make a video within the next days.

sinilill

Post by sinilill »

Found another bug for SVG files :(
XYplorer only shows thumbnails for those files which have been browsed with Windows Explorer (thumbnail view).

The thumbnail handler is 64bit, so it might be a bitness issue.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

"Cannot decode"
cannot_decode.gif
cannot_decode.gif (400.65 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
After the last selection the effect is more pronounced (and rather how it is with a fresh XY session)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sinilill wrote:Found another bug for SVG files :(
XYplorer only shows thumbnails for those files which have been browsed with Windows Explorer (thumbnail view).

The thumbnail handler is 64bit, so it might be a bitness issue.
Yeah, looks like. In that case it's not a bug (you need a 32-bit thumbnail handler). But interesting that there is a common cache.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Filehero wrote:"Cannot decode"
cannot_decode.gif
After the last selection the effect is more pronounced (and rather how it is with a fresh XY session)
OK, I think I can improve that.

But why "Cannot decode"? I can decode mp4 with Win8.1 out of the box. :?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:But why "Cannot decode"? I can decode mp4 with Win8.1 out of the box. :?
That's a rhetorical question, right?

Nighted

Post by Nighted »

Mine will show PDF as blank but will scroll through the list normally. When it does show the PDF (sometimes, sometimes not) it scrolls through the pages of the PDF like a reader.

Weird, but I have working PDF thumbnails and I'm not complaining. :titter:
I want XY to serve soft ice cream. Please Don, make XY serve soft ice cream.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Filehero wrote:
admin wrote:But why "Cannot decode"? I can decode mp4 with Win8.1 out of the box. :?
That's a rhetorical question, right?
A question to the universe: why, oh, why?

Anyway, your undesired effect will be gone in the next version.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nighted wrote:Mine will show PDF as blank but will scroll through the list normally. When it does show the PDF (sometimes, sometimes not) it scrolls through the pages of the PDF like a reader.
PDF preview blank? Never saw this here. Works 100%.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:A question to the universe: why, oh, why?
I don't have much clue about codecs. If something is odd with images over here, I re-install FastPicturerViewer Codecs which usually fixes the problem and makes me happy again. I don't even want to start to mess with all these video related troubles. :whistle:
admin wrote:Anyway, your undesired effect will be gone in the next version.
Nice. I will report back.

Cheers,
Filehero

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I never installed any video codecs. This 32-bit preview handler is on my Win8.1 (64 bit) system and can play a lot as you see (copied data line from ShellExView):

Code: Select all

Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler	No	Preview Handler	.3g2, .3gp, .3gp2, .3gpp, .aac, .adt, .adts, .aif, .aifc, .aiff, .asf, .au, .avi, .m1v, .m2t, .m2ts, .m2v, .m4a, .m4v, .MID, .MIDI, .mod, .mp2, .mp2v, .mp3, .mp4, .mp4v, .mpa, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .mts, .rmi, .snd, .ts, .tts, .wav, .wm, .wma, .wmv, AIFFFile, ASFFile, AUFile, AVIFile, MIDFile, mp3file, mpegfile, SoundRec, wmafile, WMVFile	Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler	12.0.9600.17415 (winblue_r4.141028-1500)	Microsoft® Windows® Operating System	Microsoft Corporation	No	No	No	No	No	No	C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmprph.exe	{031EE060-67BC-460d-8847-E4A7C5E45A27}	12.03.2015 09:56:20	22.08.2013 16:37:51	Yes	A	84.992	No		No	

hogaty

Post by hogaty »

Only one thing is without issue lose focus on previewing excel files in floating window, namely:
Navigation to next excel file with use of mouse wheel or with use arrow keys, while the current list (XYplorer) was focused.

Methods used here work correct. Maybe some of these methods could be used instead other methods used in case of wrong behaviour:

After mouse click on excel file while the current list (XYplorer) is focused,
is preview window rendered and focus is lost. On second mouse click in the current list (XYplorer) is focus found again,
but nothing else is done. On next mouse click is preview window rendered and focus is lost. And again and again.

Maybe it will require installation of at least free excel viewer.
admin wrote:Conc. the Excel issue. Clearly a bug in the preview handler. Don't know what to do. Set the focus somewhere? But where?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

@Don: thanks for removing the premature "No, I can't" message.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Enternal wrote:I did have encountered a bug that I also can't reproduce. This seems to happen on a dual monitor setup. Basically I have XYplorer in my primary monitor and have floating preview in my secondary monitor. If I leave the floating preview open and jump between video files by clicking the files, there were times where the "gut" of the floating preview where it's previewing the video would get torn out and move all the way to the primary monitor. So basically the floating preview window is still there but the video is being previewed somewhere on the primary screen where XYplorer currently is. It's really weird but I can't reproduce it at the moment as well.
I think I am able to reproduce this bug consistently now. Start with a fresh XYplorer. Do a floating preview for any video files (I personally tested it with avi and mkv). Play the files in the floating preview window. While the video is playing, select another video file. The "gut" of the floating preview will then be ripped out and moved somewhere else while the floating preview window remains at the location you put it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I can reproduce it as well. Although there is a random element. It does not happen always. So it's nothing I could fix, but maybe work around. However, up to now I did not find a way.