Mouse Blow Up Wrong Monitor

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Zardoz2293

Mouse Blow Up Wrong Monitor

Post by Zardoz2293 »

On multi-monitor (dual monitor configuration) the Mouse Blow Up appears only on the primary monitor (#1) even when XY is on monitor #2. I'd expect to see Mouse Blow Up appearing on the monitor with XY and potentially have a configuration setting allowing forcing Mouse Blow Up to appear on a specific monitor.
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

ksarnelli

Re: Mouse Blow Up Wrong Monitor

Post by ksarnelli »

I have this issue as well, but for me it seems to be dependent on file type. My settings are:
Screenshot - 2015-08-22 14-01-17.png
Screenshot - 2015-08-22 14-01-17.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
Images show up correctly (within the constraints of the XY window, shrunk to fit), but other file types (like .txt .xml etc) show up centered on monitor #1, even when XY is on monitor #2.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Uhm, Mouse Down on what?

ksarnelli

Post by ksarnelli »

ksarnelli wrote:Images show up correctly (within the constraints of the XY window, shrunk to fit), but other file types (like .txt .xml etc) show up centered on monitor #1, even when XY is on monitor #2.
Previews for images/videos show up correctly, but other dynamically rasterized formats (txt, xml, etc) do not.

sysyfry

Post by sysyfry »

admin wrote:Uhm, Mouse Down on what?
mouse blow down on the little icon on the left of the name in detail view, the "file icon",
Last edited by sysyfry on 07 Mar 2018 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

sysyfry

Post by sysyfry »

I will try to explain it again, in different way, because this bug is here for many years ! :bug: :cry: :bug:

we use here the function describe on the picture above,
"MOUSE DOWN BLOW UP", located on "Configuration | Preview | Mouse Down Blow Up"

I do many test many checking box configurations, same trouble, but to be simple, for test, i uncheck everything except three check box :
"Use whole screen"
"On left mouse down"
"On file icons as well"
(the "movement" option change nothing to the bug)

it should be a bug from the "Use whole screen" option

The Test :

I have triple screen monitor,
on my desk look like monitor [ 2 ] [ 1 ] [ 3 ]
when i ask "xyplorer" with script " ::screen; "
it say my "xyplorer" are on monitor 2,
"current monitor : 2 (secondary)"

the bug happen inside any folder, "c:\something", or "d:\" or "e:\" or "f:\" .....
on any view type, on "detail view", "list view", "icon view" or "titles view"...(not happen on "thumbnail view")...
on files type only, (not folders), on pictues "jpg bmp png ..." or text files "txt html ini dat" or shortcut "lnk url.." some video files "avi mpg vob mkv ts" (not on mp4 why, it should be ??! maybe because "playing failed: automation error"), not on executable files "exe", not on ".chm" files......
(of course not audio files)....

if i "left mouse down" on :
or on the ICON on the LEFT of the name of the files in the "detail view",
or on the ICON on the LEFT of the name of the files in the "list view" same for (icon view, titles view)
or on the little ICON on the LEFT of the name of the files in the "detail with thumbnail #1 view" (BUT carefull here, nothing happen if i left mouse down on the thumbnail on the left)

the preview open on the "monitor: 1 (Primary)", not on the "current monitor : 2 (secondary)" when my xyplorer are... :cry:
the preview open at the correct height (on the correct Y pos), but NOT on the correct X pos, the preview stuck on the "monitor: 1 (Primary)"

if i move the mouse the preview can go anywhere, it can came on my "monitor : 2 (secondary)", or even go on my "monitor : 3 (secondary)" this is ok
but the preview should spawn, open, on the monitor where xyplorer are..

if i do the same things, but with my xyplorer on the monitor 1 (my main monitor), "Current monitor: 1 (Primary)", the preview open perfectly hover xyplorer, perfectly hover the file, perfectly centered on the file, this is what it should be, :D

if i do the same things, but with my xyplorer on the monitor 3, "Current monitor: 3 (Secondary)", the preview still open on my "monitor: 1 (Primary)",
the X pos is wrong, the preview stuck on the "monitor: 1 (Primary)", but as before if i move the mouse the preview can go anywhere on any monitor,

please take a note : :idea:
my monitor are configured like "2 1 3", that mean, on my desk from the left to the right, i have :
"monitor: 2 (Secondary)" then on the right "monitor: 1 (Primary)" then on the right "monitor: 3 (Secondary)"
(my main monitor in center, i think that logic)
[ 2 ] [ 1 ] [ 3 ]
so
when my xyplorer are on the [ 1 ] (Primary) the preview open prefectly,

when my xyplorer are on the [ 2 ] (Secondary) the preview open on the [ 1 ],
but stuck in the LEFT (the border left of the preview is on the border left of the monitor 1)

when my xyplorer are on the [ 3 ] (Secondary) the preview open on the [ 1 ],
but stuck in the RIGHT (the border right of the preview is on the border right of the monitor 1)

additional CONFUSE "preview pane" , "show info panel preview" ,on "thumbnail view" :
if i "left mouse down" on the THUMBNAIL in the "thumbnail view", work as expected, on correct screen...
if i "Mouse Down Blow Up" on the "preview pane" (CTRL+F11) work as expected, on correct screen...
if i "Mouse Down Blow Up" on the preview on the "show info panel" (F12) work as expected, on correct screen...
:shock:
but still happen on the "file icon"

I hope you understand this bug, :bug:

little note, missing event :
on the "detail with thumbnail #1 view" if i do the "mouse down blow up" on the thumbnail on the extrem left of the name, after the number (if activated), not the icon, the thumbnail, nothing happen.. it's not logic...
if i "mouse down blow up" on the thumbnail in the "detail with thumbnail #1 view" the preview should be visible

Please please admin fix it, thank you so so much

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sysyfry wrote: additional CONFUSE "preview pane" , "show info panel preview" ,on "thumbnail view" :
if i "left mouse down" on the THUMBNAIL in the "thumbnail view", work as expected, on correct screen...
if i "Mouse Down Blow Up" on the "preview pane" (CTRL+F11) work as expected, on correct screen...
if i "Mouse Down Blow Up" on the preview on the "show info panel" (F12) work as expected, on correct screen...
Is it also correct in "detail with thumbnail #1 view"?

sysyfry wrote: little note, missing event :
on the "detail with thumbnail #1 view" if i do the "mouse down blow up" on the thumbnail on the extrem left of the name, after the number (if activated), not the icon, the thumbnail, nothing happen.. it's not logic...
if i "mouse down blow up" on the thumbnail in the "detail with thumbnail #1 view" the preview should be visible
Works fine here. :?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I might have fixed the "Mouse Blow Up Wrong Monitor" bug. Next beta...

sysyfry

Post by sysyfry »

admin wrote:
sysyfry wrote: additional CONFUSE "preview pane" , "show info panel preview" ,on "thumbnail view" :
Is it also correct in "detail with thumbnail #1 view"?
sysyfry wrote: little note, missing event :
Works fine here. :?

no, complicated.. in "detail with thumbnail #1 view"
-the mouse blow up on the "thumbnail" on the left work but only for images (png jpg ...)
-the mouse blow up on the "thumbnail" on the left don't work (no popup, blow up) for text files (txt html url ...) and some video files
-the mouse blow up on the "file icon" don't work same problem as above for text and images and some video files

it's complicated, but check the
"Use whole screen" and " Mouse Down Blow Up" on files icons, and some thumbnails, thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, got it. Fixed in next version.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:I might have fixed the "Mouse Blow Up Wrong Monitor" bug. Next beta...
And, is it fixed?

Leito

Post by Leito »

admin wrote:
admin wrote:I might have fixed the "Mouse Blow Up Wrong Monitor" bug. Next beta...
And, is it fixed?
It's fixed, unless you check "Centered", in that case the MDBU still appears on the wrong monitor:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting. Can't understand that at the moment.