double click turned into rename??

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
yuzhiboxiu

double click turned into rename??

Post by yuzhiboxiu »

when i double click to open something in xyplorer, sometimes it turned to rename this file, just like click twice in a short-time interval to rename.

this doesn't happen every time, about 20-30% of double click.

this lasts several versions.

i set the double click speed as very slow in control panel and it still happens at times.

i may be not describing my problem clearly because i am not a English speaker, i am sorry.

looking for your attention.

highend

Re: double click turned into rename??

Post by highend »

If doesn't matter if you click on a selected and focused file with a short or long interval (both switch to rename mode) as long as the double click is recognized as a double click by windows and because this doesn't happen in 100% of all cases it sounds you have a problem with your mouse, not with XY. Maybe a hanging microswitch in your mouse. I've had such problems in the past as well but after opening & cleaning the microswitch it worked well again.

Try to use a different mouse. Still the same problem?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Regmos

Post by Regmos »

Or perhaps.

Menu Tools > Customize List/Tree uncheck Rename On Slow Double-Click
Kind regards
Regmos

yuzhiboxiu

Post by yuzhiboxiu »

Regmos wrote:Or perhaps.

Menu Tools > Customize List/Tree uncheck Rename On Slow Double-Click
but "Rename On Slow Double-Click" is very convenient, i'd better try another mouse first. Thank you !

yuzhiboxiu

Post by yuzhiboxiu »

highend wrote:If doesn't matter if you click on a selected and focused file with a short or long interval (both switch to rename mode) as long as the double click is recognized as a double click by windows and because this doesn't happen in 100% of all cases it sounds you have a problem with your mouse, not with XY. Maybe a hanging microswitch in your mouse. I've had such problems in the past as well but after opening & cleaning the microswitch it worked well again.

Try to use a different mouse. Still the same problem?
i will try another mouse and see how it works. thank you !

laugust

Post by laugust »

FYI - if you're running XYPlorer in dual pane mode, the Customize List and Customize Tree preferences (and presumably other preferences too) appear to be pane specific. In other words if you check the "Rename on slow double click" item, it will not be applied to both panes. It's only applied to the currently active pane. So you can rename files by slow double clicking in one pane, but not the other - unless the same preference is set for that pane.

I found this out when I was unable to click to rename some files. At first I thought it was a permissions problem that was location specific. It took me a while to realize renaming was possible for the same file/folder in one pane but not the other. My preferences must have been corrupted somehow as I would not intentionally configured XYPlorer this way.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Depends. If you tick Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Apply list styles globally then changes in styles affect all tabs on all panes.