Undo a deletion is broken

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
LittleBiG

Undo a deletion is broken

Post by LittleBiG »

When I delete a file to the recycle bin, the undo doesn't bring it back. Tested with 14.00.0100 fresh. May I ask somebody to confirm it? Or a short message if it is ok on your side?

sinilill

Re: Undo a deletion is broken

Post by sinilill »

Everything's OK here, tried it twice :D

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Works here too, even sequential undo works. I assume you don't get any message box from XY, do you?
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

Yes, no XY message. Thanks for checking for both of you. It clearly showed that the problem was in my system. I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free version yesterday, now I have just got rid of it. The broken undo seems to work again. Weird. Thanks again, guys!
EDIT: No, it doesn't work. I deleted the MBAM installer from the download folder. XY refreshed the folder, but it showed only 200 files instead of 400. I click on Refresh List, I got all 400 files now, but the Undo became broken again. I will try to figure out something.

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

Now I have the culprit for sure. JAM Software has a free UltraSearch application, which uses the MFT for the lightining fast search of your drive. But when it is running, XY undo is broken. If I stop it, the undo immediately works as expected.

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

LittleBiG wrote:Now I have the culprit for sure. JAM Software has a free UltraSearch application, which uses the MFT for the lightining fast search of your drive. But when it is running, XY undo is broken. If I stop it, the undo immediately works as expected.
I use (and highly recommend) the Everything Search Engine from voidtools.com. Sounds like the same idea as above, but doesn't cause problems with XY... :)