Crashes on right click

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Explorer

Crashes on right click

Post by Explorer »

Very often XYplorer crashes on right click. I mean, I click with right mouse button on e.g. "D:" to see "Eigenschaften" XYplorer crashes regularly, it freezes (Keine Rückmeldung) and I have to close it. Windows Explorer simply works.

Windows 7 64 bit
XYplorer 13.90.XXX

This happened with many earlier versions before.

Stef123

Re: Crashes on right click

Post by Stef123 »

Where do you click? List or Tree?
Does it also crash when you press ALT ENTER to view properties?

Explorer

Post by Explorer »

Stef123 wrote:Where do you click? List or Tree?
Tree

Right now this happened: Because of your question I right clicked on a list item which works, and now right click on tree item works also without crash.
Stef123 wrote:Does it also crash when you press ALT ENTER to view properties?
No

nudnavda

XP pauzes on right click

Post by nudnavda »

Have a different version of the same fenomenon: XY waits for some 10 seconds before it opens the submenu of right-mouse-click. In the taskbar there appears an XY-icon while waiting for the submenu to appear. I'm not sure what has triggered this problem. Is quite new to me (long-time user of XY-plorer). Have recently switched from XP to Win-8.1.1. If helpful I could mail the ini-file. Appreciate your help.

Explorer

Re: XYP pauses on right click

Post by Explorer »

nudnavda wrote:Have a different version of the same fenomenon: XY waits for some 10 seconds before it opens the submenu of right-mouse-click.
A wait time of some seconds – sometimes shorter, sometimes longer – on right-mouse-click is quite "normal" for me here. I was thinking that it is a Windows issue (I've read something about this).

nudnavda

Post by nudnavda »

Never been normal here, so now abnormal ;-) Feels also abnormal, compared to rest of the laptop functionality. I noticed that this problem does not occur with maps, only with files.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Do you have Config->System Integration->Show the 64-bit Context Menu ticked? Or do you have many shell extensions installed which add custom items to the context menu?
nudvada, the ini file contains your license information, I'm sure you know it, but keep it in mind before mailing it to anybody.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

SammaySarkar wrote:nudvada, the ini file contains your license information, I'm sure you know it, but keep it in mind before mailing it to anybody.
I'm sure he was only tralking about mailing it to Don.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Just in case.
[ this user is asleep ]

nudnavda

Post by nudnavda »

Thanks Sammay! The 64-bits ticked caused the problem. The ini-file stays here for the time being :-) Btw, feels nice to have a regular XY. Thanks again.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Great!
[ this user is asleep ]

peter_r

Post by peter_r »

I have been having the problem with XYplorer crashing on right click for some time now, with v3.90. I have never had the 64-bit option ticked.

When I re-start XYplorer after the crash, if I right-click before doing anything else, it works. However, if I do file operations of any kind and then try to right-click, I get the crash.

I use Windows 8.1 pro version on a Toshiba laptop.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's probably a faulty 3rd party shell extension. To confirm tick this:

Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Context Menus | Hide shell extensions from shell context menu

peter_r

Post by peter_r »

admin wrote:It's probably a faulty 3rd party shell extension. To confirm tick this:

Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Context Menus | Hide shell extensions from shell context menu
OK, I tried that. The result was that when I right-clicked I got nothing - no right-click context menu at all. XYplorer didn't crash, but I lost all the right-click functionality.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's very unusual. What kind of item are you right-clicking?