multi-monitor: show xy on correct taskbar?

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
ryanagler

multi-monitor: show xy on correct taskbar?

Post by ryanagler »

I am using windows 8.1 with multiple monitors (i like to have xy open on one at all times). When I launch xy then move it to the secondary monitor (call it monitor2), the taskbar entry for it does not move to monitor2. It stays on the taskbar of monitor1. This seems to be some bug specific to xy. If i open any other program (notepad, IE, anything) and then move it to monitor2, its entry goes to monitor2 as it should. xy is the only app that has a problem doing that.

I have the "Show taskbar buttons on Taskbar where window is open" checked in the windows taskbar settings

I looked in the options for something that might pertain to this but found nothing. Is this a bug or something i'm missing?

admin
Site Admin

Re: multi-monitor: show xy on correct taskbar?

Post by admin »

First time I hear about this. Sounds like a Windows bug rather. Not having Win8 nor two monitors there is not much I can do, but thanks for the report.

ksarnelli

Post by ksarnelli »

I wanted to give this a bump. It's been a while and maybe you have a copy of Windows 8 by now :wink:

I don't think it's a Windows bug as XY is the only app that it happens to. Basically in Windows 8 the taskbar extends across multiple monitors and has the following options:

Show taskbar buttons on:
1 - All taskbars
2 - Main taskbar and taskbar where window is open
3 - Taskbar where window is open

If option 2 or 3 is selected XY still only displays on the main taskbar instead of the taskbar where the main window is open.

Any ideas?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm, not the slightest idea how I could control this. This should be handled by Windows. No idea why it does not work.

Yes, I have Win8, but only one monitor.

highend

Post by highend »

Maybe: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

XY is unexpectedly the only program that isn't able to move it's icon to the correct taskbar on a multiple monitor configuration (at least I never stumbled upon any other software)...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but lo prio ATM.

highend

Post by highend »

No problem, it isn't anything major atm (at least for me because I've pinned XY to the taskbar anyway).
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

rafsen

Post by rafsen »

Hello,
Yet another bump ;)
Issue still exists and Xy is literally the only application I've ever encountred that has a problem with moving icon to correct taskbar. It's really weird and kinda annoying when you working with 3 monitors (you have Xy window on monitor 1 and taskbar icon on monitor 3). It can't be a Windows issue - I've tested it on 4 computers (with W8 and W8.1).

"Bug" demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOutqDGGSA

fkafl

Post by fkafl »

Thought I was the only one with this issue. I'm using MulitMonitor TaskBar Pro on Windows 7. I'm not sure why it bugs me but it does. And it's the only application with this bug.

ksarnelli

Post by ksarnelli »

fkafl wrote:I'm not sure why it bugs me but it does.
It bugs you because it's super annoying :wink:

Having to change your focus to the primary monitor just to restore XYplorer from a minimized state is probably my #1 complaint since it's necessary dozens (if not hundreds) of times per day.

acheton

Post by acheton »

I can confirm the issue under Windows 8.1 using the same option on three monitors. I'd never noticed it before but can confirm that on my system XY seems to be the only app where the icon doesn't move. FWIW.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rafsen wrote:Hello,
Yet another bump ;)
Issue still exists and Xy is literally the only application I've ever encountred that has a problem with moving icon to correct taskbar. It's really weird and kinda annoying when you working with 3 monitors (you have Xy window on monitor 1 and taskbar icon on monitor 3). It can't be a Windows issue - I've tested it on 4 computers (with W8 and W8.1).

"Bug" demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOutqDGGSA
I see. But this is still true: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 42#p116942

WordBaron

Post by WordBaron »

I run into this as well. If there is something I can do to help identify what the problem might be that is causing it, I'd be happy to do so.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and the icon will remain on one monitor's taskbar regardless of what monitor the main display appears.

ethanpil

Post by ethanpil »

Same problem here, had it for over a year. Super annoying. XY is the only program it happens on for me as well.

mitchmenghi

Post by mitchmenghi »

BUMP, super annoying issue for anyone with multi monitor display.... still happening in Windows 10, this is an issue with XY .... all other apps seems to work fine except this one.... PLEASE PLEASE look into resolving this issue :(