multi-monitor: show xy on correct taskbar?

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
cdunn

Re: multi-monitor: show xy on correct taskbar?

Post by cdunn »

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? I am having this issue on a Win10 machine with 3 screens. It is very annoying and as mentioned before ONLY XY has this issue.

I would really like to purchase this product because I like it otherwise, but basic functionality like this is a requirement so this is likely a showstopper for me. Its unfortunate that this has been open since 2013 too.

:cry:

mitchmenghi

Post by mitchmenghi »

cdunn wrote:Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? I am having this issue on a Win10 machine with 3 screens. It is very annoying and as mentioned before ONLY XY has this issue.

I would really like to purchase this product because I like it otherwise, but basic functionality like this is a requirement so this is likely a showstopper for me. Its unfortunate that this has been open since 2013 too.

:cry:
Yes looks like it still an issue... i just installed latest verson and when you try and move the app from one screen to the next it doesnt move the bottom toolbar icon :|

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is there any way for you to move the taskbar icon to the other screen? I mean: does Windows provide that option?

highend

Post by highend »

You can show all taskbar entries (pinned applications + currently running ones) on all monitors if you want to (configurable by Windows) but I guess that's not what these people want (because now you can't distinguish which app is on which screen when looking at the taskbar(s)).

I would have complained about the current behavior myself (and XY is really the only application that I've seen that doesn't appear on the correct screen with it's taskbar entry...) but I've pinned it and therefore don't care too much on which screen it is. But they are right, the current behavior is not really... the one you expect / right :titter:
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I still think it's a Windows bug. It's not my taskbar after all. I'd love to fix it but: there is nothing in the web about how one could do that programmatically. :|

I guess a simple F5 on the Desktop does not help?

mitchmenghi

Post by mitchmenghi »

admin wrote:Is there any way for you to move the taskbar icon to the other screen? I mean: does Windows provide that option?
Yes it does.
I cant do a video of it because i don't think there is a way to record multi monitor at the same time as a file actually ill do it on my phone.
Please see the following video you will see that i clicked and dragged Adobe Fireworks CS6 across from the right to the left, and then back you can see the focus icon dissapear when it hits more than halfway across multi monitor and then back again. Hope that helps.
https://goo.gl/photos/APcSomqwECgDMswG8

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, I meant the XY icon. Can you somehow move it manually to the other screen?

mitchmenghi

Post by mitchmenghi »

admin wrote:No, I meant the XY icon. Can you somehow move it manually to the other screen?
Errrr no you cant do that, that is not normal behavior in Windows.... the only time you will see icons on the second monitor or third or fourth is when it dragged and focused on that Window which is what XY cant do and i just illustrated that Adobe Fireworks does.

highend

Post by highend »

Maybe it's really a windows bug. Moving windows from monitor to monitor let the taskbar entry follow automatically (when configured as "Schaltflächen der Taskleiste anzeigen auf: Taskleiste mit geöffnetem Fenster" -> You only see this config option if you have more than one monitor) so it's not about XY needing to allow it's taskbar entry to be moved but Windows doesn't like XY to be moved.
Em, no, not really :cup:

For anyone who really needs this feature and Don doesn't find out, why Windows won't move XY's taskbar entry:
DisplayFusion (currently v8.0 Beta 6) solves this problem. While it is running, XY's taskbar entry moves correctly when XY's main window is moved from screen to screen. Unfortunately this is a paid product (the free version doesn't support multiple taskbars)...

https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/

Acecool

Windows 10 bug: XYplorer doesn't move to proper taskbar

Post by Acecool »

In Windows 10 you can set up the taskbar to only show the windows present on that screen, I have 3 screens.. Unfortunately, XYplorer, once open, only displays the button on the taskbar in which the window was opened. If you minimize to tray and re-open it shows in the correct taskbar.

Note: This only happens if you PIN XYplorer to a taskbar ( it is pinned on my taskbar in my left-most monitor ).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 bug: XYplorer doesn't move to proper taskbar

Post by admin »

Acecool wrote:If you minimize to tray and re-open it shows in the correct taskbar.
That's interesting, thanks.

mitchmenghi

Post by mitchmenghi »

highend wrote:Maybe it's really a windows bug. Moving windows from monitor to monitor let the taskbar entry follow automatically (when configured as "Schaltflächen der Taskleiste anzeigen auf: Taskleiste mit geöffnetem Fenster" -> You only see this config option if you have more than one monitor) so it's not about XY needing to allow it's taskbar entry to be moved but Windows doesn't like XY to be moved.
Em, no, not really :cup:

For anyone who really needs this feature and Don doesn't find out, why Windows won't move XY's taskbar entry:
DisplayFusion (currently v8.0 Beta 6) solves this problem. While it is running, XY's taskbar entry moves correctly when XY's main window is moved from screen to screen. Unfortunately this is a paid product (the free version doesn't support multiple taskbars)...

https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/
Interesting, i actually have a license for Display fusion for my dual monitor display however ever since W10 its become less of a need as a lot of features have been improved in W10 with multi monitor display. I guess ill have to install DF and give it another go. I still think its XY problem its not W10, i repeat XY is the ONLY app i have seen this issue for.

highend

Post by highend »

I guess ill have to install DF and give it another go
You don't need to install it, they provide a portable version as well (and that's what I've used)

mitchmenghi

Post by mitchmenghi »

highend wrote:
I guess ill have to install DF and give it another go
You don't need to install it, they provide a portable version as well (and that's what I've used)
:tup:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the next beta (v16.90.0102), when XY appears on the wrong taskbar, try this script (rtb = refresh task bar):

Code: Select all

rtb;