Find Files Tab Strip colour

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gandolf

Find Files Tab Strip colour

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:Find Files Tab Strip: tab captions of selected tabs now shown in blue.
The only one I can display in blue is Name & Location, and it remains blue when Size, Date etc...are selected.

A good idea, can you do the same for the Info Panel main tabs i.e. General File Info, Version etc...

Somebody is going to request the colour to be user configurable!!

Later:
Just realised what you mean, it's not the selected tab, as I would call it, it's dependant on the filter that is applied. I expected it to be the tab that was active in the tab strip.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Find Files Tab Strip colour

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Just realised what you mean, it's not the selected tab, as I would call it, it's dependant on the filter that is applied. I expected it to be the tab that was active in the tab strip.
Yes, now I'm aware that "selected" was misleading, I should have said active or active filter or applied filter or so.

It is an unconventional interface, but I think it works well after a short get-used-to-it-time. Maybe I should color also the filter checkbox captions (when they are checked) just to make the connection clearer??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:A good idea, can you do the same for the Info Panel main tabs i.e. General File Info, Version etc...
I could offer something like this for the selected tabs. (Color configurable)

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Great!! I'll go for that!!

I find the filter checkbox adequate indication of what filter is selected but I don't mind if the tab text is also coloured - it does give the information on one line rather than having to look down to the filter boxes.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here's another idea: color the non-selected. Might look a bit smoother than the other, though it's hard to find a good dark color.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

I hadn't thought of that option, looks rather interesting. You could always have green (or amber) text on black "to revive the old 70's computer feeling" for the dark colour!!

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

Yes, this is the thing I've written some time ago, isn't it? It would be surely very useful, and at my opinion the version in your first screenshot is better.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Leopoldus wrote:Yes, this is the thing I've written some time ago, isn't it? It would be surely very useful, and at my opinion the version in your first screenshot is better.
Yes, I remember. I personally don't like either of them, but I will keep it configurable the hard way. The next BETA will have these keys in the INI. That gives all of you (probably drug-taking) color freaks a couple of options:

Code: Select all

[General]
        DoColorTabs=0
        clrTabSel=14215660
        clrTabUnsel=14215660

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote: The next BETA will have these keys in the INI.

[General]
DoColorTabs=0
clrTabSel=14215660
clrTabUnsel=14215660
I see no keys in the ini file. I entered them and now I've got my freaky colours!!

Should they have been there with the default colours?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:I see no keys in the ini file. I entered them and now I've got my freaky colours!! Should they have been there with the default colours?
INI is written when app is closed. So open it, close it again, then you should see the keys with the default colors. BTW, the value -2147483633 (Hex 8000000F) is not an RGB value (which are all positive integers from 000000 to FFFFFF) but stands for the button face color of the display settings.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

I'd done that but hadn't looked far enough down the General sub-section, I expected it to be with the other colour options and hadn't gone to the end of the section. Too high on the drugs!!!

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

I see the tabs in the Configuration menu also have the same colours, is that by accident or design?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:I see the tabs in the Configuration menu also have the same colours, is that by accident or design?
By design: I wrote one class for tab strips and use instances of it everywhere. Normal practice.