AB drop down list: Mouse can interfere when dropping with arrow key

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
autocart

AB drop down list: Mouse can interfere when dropping with arrow key

Post by autocart »

Not a bug per se, but what I would like to see gone is the following:

If the mouse coursor happens to be in a location that will be on top of the AB drop down list when dropped down with the down arrow key, then I would still like to continue using the arrow key to choose an entry but the mouse cursor on top of the list interferes.

It would be nice if the mouse cursor would not interfere with the AB drop down list when it is not moved.

admin
Site Admin

Re: AB drop down list: Mouse can interfere when dropping with arrow key

Post by admin »

I can confirm that the mouse determines and highlights the item at its location when the list is dropped, But then you can control the selection with the arrow keys without mouse interference (as long as the mouse is not moved). This is Win8.1. These kind of things can vary between different Win versions.

autocart

Post by autocart »

admin wrote: 29 Jan 2022 11:29 But then you can control the selection with the arrow keys without mouse interference (as long as the mouse is not moved). This is Win8.1. These kind of things can vary between different Win versions.
Not for me. I also have Win 8.1, but still, it sounds more like a Windows bug, then.
Thus, don't worry about it. Thx for checking.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Weird, just to make sure we mean the same thing, here I'm using Up/Down to go through the drop-down list while hovering over it:
Attachments
UpDownArrowing.gif
UpDownArrowing.gif (30.69 KiB) Viewed 436 times