The information preview window cannot preview the video

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
我的鸡八岁了

The information preview window cannot preview the video

Post by 我的鸡八岁了 »

The information preview window cannot preview the video. After investigation, it is found that the problem may be caused by a certain setting of the GPU called by xyplorer, because in the task manager I found that the read-only xyplorer (previously able to preview the video normally) displays gpu-3d when it is used normally. , while the failed xyplorer shows the gpu-legacy overlay.
Now I have both windows "over" T.T

admin
Site Admin

Re: The information preview window cannot preview the video

Post by admin »

What about mentioning what kind of videos we are talking about?

我的鸡八岁了

Post by 我的鸡八岁了 »

admin wrote: 20 Jan 2022 14:09 What about mentioning what kind of videos we are talking about?
Including avi mp4 mkv rmvb, the sound is normal, it just doesn't play the video.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

... the read-only xyplorer (previously able to preview the video normally)...
1) read-only xyplorer??

2) previously able to preview the video normally? You mean a previous version worked, and the current version does not?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Just guessing, but I reckon that the OP will be referencing this issue:

viewtopic.php?p=160860#p160860

viewtopic.php?p=189793#p189793

And the read-only reference could be because apparently when you load a clone it works in the second window.

@我的鸡八岁了: If you are referencing the above linked issue and are interested in a workaround, then the gist of the above topics is that you can use Nvidia driver version 391.35 and the issue should go away.

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

If you are using Windows 10 and Nvidia graphics card then enable GPU support in graphics settings.
Settings\System\Display->Graphics settings->enable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.

我的鸡八岁了

Post by 我的鸡八岁了 »

admin wrote: 21 Jan 2022 17:32
... the read-only xyplorer (previously able to preview the video normally)...
1) read-only xyplorer??

2) previously able to preview the video normally? You mean a previous version worked, and the current version does not?
The same version, the situation at the time was that at first I couldn't preview any video at all, then I downloaded lav and I could preview it.
After a while, I can't preview it again. I open the read-only xyplorer at this time, and I can preview it, but after a while, I can't preview it.
And just now, at 21:21:42 on 2022-1-22, I opened the read-only xyplorer again, I can preview it, and the task manager displays "video decode".
Ten minutes before this, I just installed K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1670_Mega.

我的鸡八岁了

Post by 我的鸡八岁了 »

jupe wrote: 21 Jan 2022 20:43 Just guessing, but I reckon that the OP will be referencing this issue:

viewtopic.php?p=160860#p160860

viewtopic.php?p=189793#p189793

And the read-only reference could be because apparently when you load a clone it works in the second window.

@我的鸡八岁了: If you are referencing the above linked issue and are interested in a workaround, then the gist of the above topics is that you can use Nvidia driver version 391.35 and the issue should go away.
Yes, most likely it is, thanks.

我的鸡八岁了

Post by 我的鸡八岁了 »

zakoul wrote: 22 Jan 2022 07:50 If you are using Windows 10 and Nvidia graphics card then enable GPU support in graphics settings.
Settings\System\Display->Graphics settings->enable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
win11. There are no GPU acceleration related options at this location.

我的鸡八岁了

Post by 我的鸡八岁了 »

oh! ! yes! ! Bros! I just found a way!
The thing is, I just stared at xyplorer in a daze, because the registry needs to be changed, or it is estimated that the graphics card driver will be uninstalled, and then the old version will be installed, but I am worried that there is a certain probability that it will affect my game. I planned to give up, but just now my mind suddenly flashed (the original operation steps are to open xyplorer1 first, select the video, can not preview, open xy2 (read-only) to preview, in this case, can I do the opposite? Right?!) Open the first xy1, without previewing the video, open xy2, preview the video, and sure enough! Failed! But that means close to success! Back to xy1! Pre! View! become! achievement! oh! ! yes! !

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations to your mind flash! :)

(I cannot see what I could do to improve it. XY just tells Windows to play the video. :| )