OneDrive for Business - "Find files" doesn't find files in subfolders

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
preisl

OneDrive for Business - "Find files" doesn't find files in subfolders

Post by preisl »

Hi,

me again :)

I think the subfolder / recursive traversion doesn't work in OneDrive for Business folder. It does find files in the "current" folder, but although the "Include subfolders" checkbox is ticked, it doesn't show anything in subfolders.

Outside (your newly beloved OneDrive for Business) it is working just fine.

Cheers,

Martin

admin
Site Admin

Re: OneDrive for Business - "Find files" doesn't find files in subfolders

Post by admin »

I already started missing you. ;)

Does subfolder traversion work in normal browse mode with OneDrive for Business?

preisl

Post by preisl »

I'm not sure what you mean :-(

everything else seems to work just fine ... mini tree, normal tree, keyboard navigation through folders, breadcrumb bar ... it's just the "Find Files" tab in the bottom area, where the "Include subfolders" option is not working.

btw. something else - in Azure there is now a new solution available named "Azure File Sync", basically cloud storage with a local replica, where the local replica can be only a small portion of the real data and the rest is "tiered" to the cloud. Files, which are "visible" locally, but which are actually in the cloud, can be identified by two things

1. The icon is "greyed out"
2. There are a couple of file attributes available, L = reparse point and O = offline.

(actually there are more possibilities, but these are "visible" - see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... -files-faq ). Are there any plans to support these in the future?

Best regards,

Martin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is getting more and more crazy. I got used to spending my time working around Win10 shortcomings, but at this point Win10 will actually make the app (a bit) slower. You won't note it but still: nothing is allowed to make XY slower without becoming my personal enemy... :evil:

PS: Azure ... later ...