Chinese (Simplified) 简体中文

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Chinese (Simplified) 简体中文. 85%(8.26)

Post by admin »

Michael Lu wrote:85% now.Sorry, a bit slow.
I'm glad you make progress, thanks!

What is your opinion on the other Chinese (Simplified) translations?

Michael Lu

Post by Michael Lu »

admin wrote:
Michael Lu wrote:85% now.Sorry, a bit slow.
I'm glad you make progress, thanks!

What is your opinion on the other Chinese (Simplified) translations?
Well,since the translation tool is open then everyone can do what he wants.But I think the official release can pick only one of them,you have to make the choise. :roll: It's my honor to be taken as the official S.Chinese translator so I'm doing my best to finish the job.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, and you are nearly there.

Michael Lu

Post by Michael Lu »

This item:
Toggle Preview (resp. Raw View, depending on the selected Info Panel tab) of the current file.
What "resp." stands for here?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

respectively

Michael Lu

Post by Michael Lu »

I've read the "Rich Copy/Move" section in Help file.But I still don't know how to translate "Rich Copy/Move" suitably.
What about "Full Copy/Move" or "Detailed Copy/Move" translation back from Chinese?
BTW, about 95% translated now.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Michael Lu wrote:I've read the "Rich Copy/Move" section in Help file.But I still don't know how to translate "Rich Copy/Move" suitably.
What about "Full Copy/Move" or "Detailed Copy/Move" translation back from Chinese?
It's hard to find a good term for this. You might check what the other translators did here. "Copy/Move with path" is probably the most plain/descriptive way to put it.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:It's hard to find a good term for this. You might check what the other translators did here. "Copy/Move with path" is probably the most plain/descriptive way to put it.
I'd maybe suggest the word "Enhanced" for "Rich"...if there's a better translation for that word.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

ojcuts

Post by ojcuts »

Michael Lu wrote:I've read the "Rich Copy/Move" section in Help file.But I still don't know how to translate "Rich Copy/Move" suitably.
How about 原封?
ze ojc uts

Michael Lu

Post by Michael Lu »

How to understand the term "spot", like "Also affects Spot & Jump.","spot off",and "spot on"?
Where can I find control related to "spot" on GUI?

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Michael Lu wrote:How to understand the term "spot", like "Also affects Spot & Jump.","spot off",and "spot on"?
Spot = visually locate and identify it (as I might define it for this purpose) --or-- search for and locate desired item (maybe another way to say it)
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Michael Lu

Post by Michael Lu »

I see.Thanks.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Michael Lu wrote:I see.Thanks.
You're welcome...another way to describe it: You look at or see the computer screen, but you spot the cursor...so XY looks at the list of items and spots the desired match...understand the difference, right?

Flora_RMC

Post by Flora_RMC »

Michael Lu wrote:How to understand the term "spot", like "Also affects Spot & Jump.","spot off",and "spot on"?
In order to see the 'spot' into action, simply type >> in the Address Bar, and attached to it you can write some characters (which you know are into the names of your files/folders), like this:
  • >>abc
Pressing Enter you'll see highlighted all the occurrences where those characters appear. Now look in the Status Bar: you'll see "Spot on". Press Enter again. The highlight disappears and you'll see "Spot off". :D

Oh, and "Jump" is related to it: type just one > in the Address Bar. Pressing Enter, the focus jumps to the next occurrence of the searched characters. By pressing Enter repeatedly, you are applying the "Spot & Jump".
I hope this help :mrgreen:

Michael Lu

Post by Michael Lu »

Flora_RMC wrote:
In order to see the 'spot' into action, simply type >> in the Address Bar, and attached to it you can write some characters (which you know are into the names of your files/folders), like this:
  • >>abc
Pressing Enter you'll see highlighted all the occurrences where those characters appear. Now look in the Status Bar: you'll see "Spot on". Press Enter again. The highlight disappears and you'll see "Spot off". :D

Oh, and "Jump" is related to it: type just one > in the Address Bar. Pressing Enter, the focus jumps to the next occurrence of the searched characters. By pressing Enter repeatedly, you are applying the "Spot & Jump".
I hope this help :mrgreen:
By your detailed explaination now I completely understand this great feature.Thanks a lot!