A Humble Word for Translators - current and future...

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
SkyFrontier

A Humble Word for Translators - current and future...

Post by SkyFrontier »

Guys,

Of course I consider the hard work involved and, you know, I already did my part (afaict being the first to do so, either) so I have proper right to do my statement.

Also, I'd like you to take this not as offensive in any way, rather a word of incentive and an appeal to do what we can with the resources we have.

-we have one of the best dedicated CAT tools I have seem in years (15 or so) of using and translating software (and you saw how many suggestions I made to improve it; but take into account: the *first* XY ITT made was a basic script I wrote and at that time, no ITT/CAT was even planned to exist);
-we do not translate for any number of existing customers; one existing Klingon reader would be enough reason for another Klingon translator do his work without any other regards;
-we should not translate aiming recognition (and I personally know how kind Donald was to provide enough reasons for one to get an *awesome* XY localization into his/her own language);
-we must not count on any sort of collaboration (although it *should* occur or be asked for and if it happens, it *must* be warmly welcomed) nor feedback of some sort (despite feedback ideally should occur both to better integration/universalization of the app, plus some basic bug tracking).

So

take the great ITT, do it in your own pace, be happy IF someone comes up to help, think on the *potential market* XY *will* reach once your job is done and wait for the next end of the world!
:)

If you think I can be of any help feel free to PM me and soon I'll get in touch.

Kind regards,

SF.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...