Russian

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Russian

Post by admin »

You seem to have attached the wrong file: Reference_8.74.lng

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

Russian_8.74.lng
Now OK? (It should now be correct)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, thanks!

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

Russian_8.75.lng
-----
Und danke für "browse button" menu item in find files tab

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks!

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

Russian_8.76.lng
----------
[messages].The language file version (<$fileversion>) doesn't match the Multilingual Support version (<$MLSversion>).\n\nFor safety reasons the language file (<$file>) will not be loaded.\n\nPlease check on the homepage whether an updated version is available.
---Here, everything is clear, but it is not known under what circumstances I get the message. I can't imagine these circumstances (very old version?)

[messages].The language file version (<$fileversion>) doesn't match the Multilingual Support version (<$MLSversion>).\n\nSome elements might not be updated to the new language. In that case only a restart will complete the translation.
---Here it is unclear:
what is a 'new language' (with the newer version?).
what is a "might not be updated" (there will be a value from the old version or vice versa will not?)
how restart will complete the translation. (if nothing translated how than? .. perhaps 'restart will complete the update'?)
-------
All the time I see this second message without translation. (to see message I can simply change number of the version in Russian_8.76.lng and load it again from Help menu)

+
[messages].'Always show folder sizes in lists' is enabled in configuration (message in status bar 3)
We have option (if in quotes) 'Always show folder sizes' that is enabled in configuration for List (not 'Always show folder sizes in lists').

When folders caching is enabled the tilde (~) intuitively perceived as referring to the number of items in a folder, because tilde is placed for this number. Very desirable to put the sign before the size of the folder and not before the Number. From such location the sign does not become less prominent.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DmFedorov wrote:Russian_8.76.lng
----------
[messages].The language file version (<$fileversion>) doesn't match the Multilingual Support version (<$MLSversion>).\n\nFor safety reasons the language file (<$file>) will not be loaded.\n\nPlease check on the homepage whether an updated version is available.
---Here, everything is clear, but it is not known under what circumstances I get the message. I can't imagine these circumstances (very old version?)

[messages].The language file version (<$fileversion>) doesn't match the Multilingual Support version (<$MLSversion>).\n\nSome elements might not be updated to the new language. In that case only a restart will complete the translation.
---Here it is unclear:
what is a 'new language' (with the newer version?).
what is a "might not be updated" (there will be a value from the old version or vice versa will not?)
how restart will complete the translation. (if nothing translated how than? .. perhaps 'restart will complete the update'?)
-------
All the time I see this second message without translation. (to see message I can simply change number of the version in Russian_8.76.lng and load it again from Help menu)

+
[messages].'Always show folder sizes in lists' is enabled in configuration (message in status bar 3)
We have option (if in quotes) 'Always show folder sizes' that is enabled in configuration for List (not 'Always show folder sizes in lists').

When folders caching is enabled the tilde (~) intuitively perceived as referring to the number of items in a folder, because tilde is placed for this number. Very desirable to put the sign before the size of the folder and not before the Number. From such location the sign does not become less prominent.
1) Some elements might not be updated to the new language.
If you like you can also do: "Some elements might not be translated to the new language."

2) The tilde is okay, since both values are approximate.

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

OK, with "Some elements might not be translated to the new language." clearer.

Important: this message always in English. Why then translate?
Or translation of this message will be supported in later versions of XY?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Already now the message is shown in the current language. When you switch from German to an outdated Russian language file, it will be shown in German.

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

OK. I tested it on version 16.70.0.13

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

admin wrote:Already now the message is shown in the current language. When you switch from German to an outdated Russian language file, it will be shown in German.
I checked this statement. Version of XYplorer=16.80.0016. (Menu Help | Select local language file ... German_8.76.lng) then I loaded Russian_8.75.lng (again via the menu Help | Select local language file ...)

Result:
1) Message "The language file version (<$fileversion>) doesn't match the Multilingual Support version..." was in English.
2) One part of the message "...In that case only a restart will complete the translation." makes sense in case where such message is not displayed!

Let me explain: for example for XY_16.80.0016 I load German_8.75.lng, and after it i load German_8.76.lng, (which corresponds XY_16.80.0016)
Now look at the item "Tree structure only" in tab "Report" of "Info-pane":

In v8.76 this item must be in English because you changed it on "Tree structure"
In v8.75 this item has translation "Nur Baumstruktur"

So after loading German_8.76.lng I'll have a translation from German_8.75.lng, that is "Nur Baumstruktur". And only after restart XYplorer on this place I'll see 'Tree structure' (which corresponds XY_16.80.0016). But message "...In that case only a restart will complete the translation." I will not see.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Indeed! Fix comes. Thanks!

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

I checked: message appears in the version of 16.80.0019.
(circumstances for second one: "..For safety reasons the language file (<$file>) will not be loaded" I can't imagine)

BUT. For reasons of perfectionism the message itself needs some improvements.
Perhaps should be say that in the case of version mismatch you recommend (in any case) do restart of XY (in order that your complex mechanism of selection the necessary lines in lng-file could make a final choice)

Because in reality there are two options: I can load an older version of the language file and a new one (the version which has not been during the creation of a specific version of XYplorer).

For example, I took XY version 16.60.0102 (that needed Russian_8.74) and then loaded Russian_8.76.
I totally did not check, but then saw some of the lines from old version of Russian_8.74, when in fact has been loaded Russian_8.76.
So the explanation that the restart will ask translation from a newer (or from the loaded) version of the language file will be (in this case) invalid.

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

Russian_8.77.lng

-------------
Please tell me under what circumstances I will see in status bar that line:
[messages].creating report...
-----
Attention! just above was a message for you.