Directory Opus and MusicBee

What other productivity software are you working with...
pat55

Directory Opus and MusicBee

Post by pat55 »

Opus apparently has a folder tree problem. The top part of the tree - all folders are empty. The same folders listed further down - everything appears to be correct and works as expected.

That same problem has apparently also been infecting the win10 M$ File Explorer.

https://resource.dopus.com/t/directory- ... king/23518
Dated Sept 17, 2016
Leo Directory Opus developer, responded with a Mar 29, 2006 where in 17 paragraphs he gave reasons why - with NO apparent answer.
https://resource.dopus.com/t/changes-to ... ected/1786

When I DLed the Opus program 'funny stuff' took place and I finally got two install files. One did not work - the other did.
As a rule when I DL or install stuff then I often use M$ and not XY - precisely because of this.

Other than the above it really appears to be a great program...
Comparing to XY which is equally great.
The Opus manual of Hell files are more readable than the XY.

Opus does not have the XY display problems with PDF files. None failed to display in my limited testing.

Opus has a correct folder tree display - where XY does not (by design).

Opus does not have the PSD (Photoshop) 'mini icon' display problem that XY has.

I am at a loss why Opus has a near obsession with FTP. Did that not get flushed out with they Internet was paid for by the minute? I recall using it 20 or 30 years ago.

Leo and Don no doubt have many priorities.

I expect to also get the premium paid version of Opus. In my case, it does not really matter what reasons may be for any given problem.
***** I pay for these programs to make problems go away. *****

MusicBee is a great program that is both free and a perfect replacement for iTunes and it does have reasonable file handling capabilities where iTunes does NOT. (The only remaining use for it is access to the iCloud and iPhone) Let me know what you think.
pat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Directory Opus and MusicBee

Post by admin »

Hmm. These (DO and XY) are very large programs. You would need to write a book to compare them in an adequate manner.

And I don't think Opus has a folder tree problem.

And XY certainly has no PDF display problem. BTW, I find it pretty weird that you come up with issue again in this corner of the forum, after so many users tried to explain to you how to do it for so many months. You still have not understood that the PDF preview is done by 3rd party shell extensions, not by XY. The same is true for every other file manager. You just have to install the right extensions. And that's not rocket science. Most people do this by simply downloading and installing one of the recommended apps, and it takes about a minute to do that.

pat55

Post by pat55 »

XY and PDF.
Been there - done that. It did not fix anything. It does work on my old backup.

highend

Post by highend »

A treasure of information *sarcasm off*
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

DClass

Post by DClass »

Thanks brother

admin
Site Admin