Swiss File Knife - A Command Line Tools Collection

What other productivity software are you working with...
jupe

Swiss File Knife - A Command Line Tools Collection

Post by jupe »

http://stahlworks.com/dev/swiss-file-knife.html

I know most everyone on this forum is more advanced than me so you all probably already know about this tool, I have been using it for a few years myself but thought I would post this just in case some of you weren't aware, I find its power awesome, to me it's like the XY of the command line which is so useful because you can use it in XY scripts, and most of its features are contained in a single 1.8mb executable so it is obviously very portable.

If anyone's interested my most common usage scenario is when I make a backup I create a directory listing text file and use "sfk xtext" to search for things in my backups which it does with match highlighting, I use this daily within a batch file to ease the syntax.

Anyway if you haven't heard of it I strongly suggest you check it out, I thoroughly recommend it. :tup:

highend

Re: Swiss File Knife - A Command Line Tools Collection

Post by highend »

It's a nice tool, e.g. used for replacing tabs with spaces in source code files.

A small drawback (something that I've always missed): No real regex search and replace operations in files...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal