Copy Audio CD

What other productivity software are you working with...
admin
Site Admin

Copy Audio CD

Post by admin »

I copied hundreds of Audio CD in the 90s on Win95. No problem. Today I needed to do this with Win8.1. Could not find it. Googled. So I need WMP for the job?! :? Hmmm. OK, opened WMP (first time ever on this system) and it apparently started to scan ALL my disks for media. :veryconfused: CRAP! Then I tried to copy my CD for half an hour and FAILED (while my disks started smoking from all that undesired background action). The interface is a joke, the help does not work. And I don't want to read help, duplicating a CD should be a one-click thing.

But where is the button?

highend

Re: Copy Audio CD

Post by highend »

Don't have a DVD-Burner anymore so this is from memory...

In the upper right there should be about three tabs. One is called "Brennen". Click on it. On the left side, go into the
Audio CD drive, drag and drop all tracks into the listview for "Brennen" on the right side. Click on the "Brennen starten"
right under the "Brennen" tab name
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried that several times but WMP refuses to drag. I get the little "no-drop" mouse pointer. And that although it plays the audio tracks (and XY plays them too) just fine.

Ich werde wahnsinnig. A drag-only interface that does not want to drag.

PS: I only have one CD drive, so I assume I only can drag those items when a burnable target CD is in the drive. But when I change the CDs WMP forgets about the sources. :roll:

I tried to copy the tracks into some "Media Library" (WTF). When I tried to find this Media Library and my tracks in it WMP crashed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It finally worked. I found that "Media Library" and it's burning now. UFF.

Thanks!