Limited beta test for UMC (for XYplorer)

What other productivity software are you working with...
highend

Limited beta test for UMC (for XYplorer)

Post by highend »

UMC = Ultimate Menu Configurator (for XYplorer)

It allows users to add context menus to XYplorer GUI elements (like tabs, list or tree entries, the address bar, etc.). Showing / hiding menus can be based on rules, e.g. a specific view in XYplorer (like "details", "thumbnails", ...); the selected items have a specific extension (generic file types of XYplorer are supported ("{:Text}, "{:Video}", etc.), or their path contains the word "archives", etc.; selected items are of type "file", "folder", "any of these", or "other data" (neither, nor file or folder); A modifier (shift, ctrl, alt + combinations are supported) is used when a mouse button (left, right, middle, 4th + 5th buttons are supported) is pressed. You can im- and export snippets (a section that contains it's menu entries), ...

So there are a lot of possibilities to customize your context menus...

Atm I'm rebuilding XYplorer's context menu entries (General - Menus, Mouse, Safety) - Folder Tree... / File List... so they can be used even when you're using:
[x] Configuration | Shell Integration | 64-bit Windows | Show the 64-bit context menu

Long right click on a tab (the underlying script(s) save the tabs that you've closed):
tabs.png
tabs.png (7.9 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
Long right click on a file:
xymenu.png
xymenu.png (9.53 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
I'm currently looking for 5 additional beta testers...

- You are a native english (or german) speaker
- You use a recent (preferable beta), scripting enabled XYplorer version
- You know how to take screenshots and write a reasonable bug report (including version information, how to reproduce, etc.)
- You are using "Telegram" https://telegram.org/
or are willing to install (and use) it. I send new versions and accept bug reports over it
- You are a long time forum member

There is still a lot of internal stuff to do! Documentation isn't written yet. I'll answer any questions over telegram :)

This first round is mainly used to extinguish existing bugs! :mrgreen:

So if you're interested, drop me a personal message (including the details how to find you on Telegram)...

Regards,
Highend
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

pleiades

Re: Limited beta test for UMC (for XYplorer)

Post by pleiades »

highend this is one amazing function your adding to xyplorer! i wish you good luck! :tup:

can you add tags support in the context menu? say for file you get this group of tags and when you select a folder you will get another group of tags.

TIA!

highend

Re: Limited beta test for UMC (for XYplorer)

Post by highend »

Thanks.

What is "a group of tags" (tags from XYplorer's tag.dat database / mp3 tags)? and how exactly should that be displayed in a context menu?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal