My must-have app-list...

What other productivity software are you working with...
Acecool

My must-have app-list...

Post by Acecool »

As of right now, XY isn't on the list; this may or may not change depending on if the features that are present on the feature-list page but not in the software are re-added, and the primary concern for me is addressed ( automatic prevention of duplicate tabs being opened and re-opened; it's annoying and easily automated )...

Some of them include: Restart on Crash ( A program that monitors vital applications and if they aren't running or not responding it can kill the frozen app or start it using your command line [ I use schtasks for mine so I can better manage elevated apps ] or both.. it has options )..

Notepad++ ( A must have for freestyle programmers that don't like bloat - works well for anything from simple documenting / notes, html / css / php / SQL / Lua / python and much more [ even Iptscrae if you remember it ] )...

Autosizer ( An app that can actively monitor, or via key-combo, change the layout of how your windows are overlayed.. I use it to automatically move a particular game to my left monitor ( I use it for development so I don't need eyes on it at all times ), my main programming IDE or Notepad++ to my primary monitor with slight space for folder slightly over/underlayed, and for my right monitor I have a few of the IDE or N++ windows such as functions list and saved shortcut snippets list with room for over-sized command-prompt ( in properties you can change the size, quite handy.. ) and a little left over under that for a "found in files" window from the IDE or N++... It is VERY useful and lightweight.. It may not be as friendly or super-feature rich ( a thing I do appreciate because it doesn't integrate into all running programs to add extra key-combos, roll-up, and other things that aren't always needed ); it does a few things really well... You target the application by either the class id OR program title ( exact or portion ) and can control Reposition, plus a series of drop-down options such as restoring to previous position ( wish windows did that on its own ), maximize, minimize, resize, or resize and/or reposition which is the primary drop-down method I use.. It handles multi-monitor support quite well keeping in mind you need to use -x positions for displays to the left of your primary...

Here's the link ( My dropbox contains over 500 Lua tutorials, which will be moved to my website when I have time to put it back up [ injury from MVA 5 years ago ], and a lot of other helpful content I share on demand ):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/260 ... s.lua.html

Some of the apps are no longer required for Windows 10 ( such as Desktops, but for Windows 8.1 and below it is very useful to have a program built by Windows developers that actually creates new desktop processes that are independent of each other which is also one of the weaknesses whereby you can't close one once opened unless re-logging [ but it doesn't take much memory for one anyway ] and you can't move applications from one desktop to another [ the biggest downside ] )...

Some are useful to only a select group of people such as the Steam Chat Logger... And one not listed, yet, is BorderlessGaming; something quite useful for those running games in windowed mode if they don't have a windowed-borderless option.. it automatically sets that mode for the window targeted... Not all games support real-time resizing of the window though.

Hopefully someone gets some use out of these as I have...

starstuff

Re: My must-have app-list...

Post by starstuff »

Thanks for the link acecool! i like to try autosizer, seems to be needed know where monitor resolutions are getting bigger.