F11 vs Winamp

What other productivity software are you working with...
SkyFrontier

Re: F11 vs Winamp

Post by SkyFrontier »

Texttools there. Perfection!

Foobar seems to accept hotkeys for everything with nearly any combination, even the stupid ones. Yay!

-is there a way to toggle the grid for columnsUI in 'custom' colors mode, at least the grey-coloring? It's a bit confusing, and I'm not finding a way to at least give a better hilite to what's being currently played.

-could you please tell me step to step how could I have a functional taskbar controls for play/pause, at least? Tried everthing I could guess, w/out the foo_w7shell.dll. No go on win8.1. Google'ing is not helping at all. And I'm worried in assigning a global hotkey for this as it'll conflict with something - this always makes a mess and always leaves me clueless on what's being missed.

Let's say I'd like a discrete rating system which would have minimum impact on current setup. Any hint on this? (Googling too)

The only thing I'm not comfortable with is that I'd like livefiltering to fully emulate mBee one: currently, it just hilite matches - or pops results in another temp playlist, my current choice.

Thanks, thanks, thanks! Ok, f2k is an old acquaintance. But your plugin assistance was decisive for me to find the proper balance.
Years faithful winamp's going to trash, mBee... well... I really liked that little guy. He WON'T be missed, though...
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

SkyFrontier wrote:-is there a way to toggle the grid for columnsUI in 'custom' colors mode, at least the grey-coloring? It's a bit confusing, and I'm not finding a way to at least give a better hilite to what's being currently played.
Try checking "use custom active item frame". Otherwise you might have to mess with playlist styling in the Playlist View config page. Foobar's playlist styling (or at least how I set it up) can be pretty complex/confusing.
-could you please tell me step to step how could I have a functional taskbar controls for play/pause, at least?
Just installing ColumnsUI (and activating it) gives me these:
fb2k_taskbar_ctrl.png
fb2k_taskbar_ctrl.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
[/size]
Let's say I'd like a discrete rating system which would have minimum impact on current setup. Any hint on this? (Googling too)
Another plugin comes to the rescue: Quick Tagger. In it's config page, add a field with Field Name of "Rating" and Value of "1;2;3;4;5", (both without quotes). Then relevant options should be available in the ctx menu, and you can also assign shortcuts. I have set CTRL+SHIFT+1 to 5 and 0. (not global)
The only thing I'm not comfortable with is that I'd like livefiltering to fully emulate mBee one: currently, it just hilite matches - or pops results in another temp playlist, my current choice.
Menu > Edit > Search. It's a pop-up live filter. (check out the [?] hint (advanced search syntax!))

(yeah, fb2k is powerful, regardless of it's often-antiquated looks.
Winamp was already killed it's developers, it was only a matter of time till you all users stopped harassing it with continued use! :kidding:
btw, if you're looking for winampish visuals, check out xmplay. Discovered that many many years back, but then found foobar...)
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

SammaySarkar wrote:
SkyFrontier wrote:could you please tell me step to step how could I have a functional taskbar controls for play/pause, at least?
Just installing ColumnsUI (and activating it) gives me these:
fb2k_taskbar_ctrl.png
[/size]
No go. Even using the beta thing on a mint installment. Must be due to hi-contrast...
:cry:
I've checked their main plugin page... hehe. Day'll be busy.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

After reading, picking, testing, head-scratching, freeze-watching, head-scratching again, I'm in peace with f2k. Minimum stuff to tweak yet but usable enough for me to retire the old warrior and leave the new one alone in the dark.
Strangely the taskbar play controls now work - when it wants and no clue on what prevents the expected behavior. Go figure.

By the look of its playlist I'd bet I'll have trouble making XYplorer generated .fpl files: todo.
Thankfully it imports my old, carefully crafted .m3u(8) lists! :biggrin:

-haven't found a way to demo tracks (say, play 3 minutes starting at 20% of each listed track): is there a plugin for this? Official page appears to not host one.
-wAmp visualizations' integration: no go. pity.