MP3, playlists etc.

What other productivity software are you working with...
Filehero

MP3, playlists etc.

Post by Filehero »

Hi,

I need some inspiration on the "music file"-matter.

For my next car I want to replace my ancient iPod with a 128GB SD card (mainly because the card is about as much as an original iCover :lol:). But there is one thing I think I will miss heavily: the intelligent playlists in iTunes.

Is there a way I can build something similar using m3u's?
So far - I#m really an absolute newbie here - I understood, m3u-files are static playlists only. Of course, that static approach would be my final resort. But I hope there's some more clever way to define dynamic playlists by boolean operations on genres and other tags.

Thanks,
Filehero

RalphM

Re: MP3, playlists etc.

Post by RalphM »

The question might rather be, whether your next car's (usually heavily proprietary) audio system will be able to make use of such playlists...
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

RalphM wrote:The question might rather be, whether your next car's (usually heavily proprietary) audio system will be able to make use of such playlists...
I'm afraid it won't. But you're right, in some weeks I will see. :wink:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Filehero, I just upgraded to a newer aftermarket car stereo/radio/cd player/etc in my car. Make sure it has a USB port if at all possible along with the usual AUX port. You can then slap in a one of the low profile USB flash drives (e.g., http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Lo ... 477&sr=1-5 ). Those players are smart and will read folders by artists or albums or whatever and can easily zip from one folder to another. Very nice and of course you can have more than one...I wish I had done it years ago and not waited until my stereo died. Of course if it has SD slot it will probably have a USB port as well. Mine only had AUX and USB.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Ken,

thanks for your follow up. I will report back once I have it. :)

FH