Firefox 29 Australis: another epic browser fail?

What other productivity software are you working with...
bdeshi

Re: Firefox 29 Australis: another epic browser fail?

Post by bdeshi »

There's a simpler method.
Enter about:support in FF addressbar.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

SammaySarkar wrote:There's a simpler method.
These kinds of ratings usually depend on the requirements. For me it IS simpler to use the extension. :wink:

Anyway, we know have a plethora of options. :lol:

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Well.

First of all, thanks for the tips.

You know me, guys... I'm a maniac.
SO I DECIDED TO TAKE A SERIOUS LOOK AT THIS EXTENSION THING (I deal with few of them since ~2004, but never bothered going this far - nor had the time to) AND SCROLLED THRU 988 OF THEM IN A BATCH. In 3 days. ^^

Here are 61 of my picks, with short descriptions from site (I manually fixed a few as my method was not 100% accurate).
Of course you may find popular stuff missing among other, wonder about my choices, think all is garbage as you like YouTube'ing and so on. Feel free to steer away.

As a word of caution, I saw several tips on not installing too many add-ons on a single Firefox installment - these are *all* installed on a test dummy, which just got better with all added functionality. Some add-ons I found not working or I just missed their point because I hadn't enough time to play around with them. Some may sound similar but they're totally different beasts sometimes. Few seem to interfere with another but again it may be an impression or just oversight or even lack of better config. Few I already disabled, others may follow.

And some are immediate must have from now on. Forever.

*play with care with Searchbar Autosizer: at certain point it amalgamated all toolbar buttons plus the searchbar into a single button as if in overflow. Clicking on FFox CUSTOMIZE and closing it ceased the problem.

Hint for XYplorers: AutoPager. Awesome for forum reading.

All installed on a v29.0.1, portable.

Enjoy.

-ah, XY Time Machine, when will it come...?!

(31.99 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

tux.

Post by tux. »

Too many extensions will seriously slow down your browser.

BTW. DownThemAll! 3.0 beta (available from their website) is surely a great step forward.