Explorer Thumbnails - Images, videos, and possibly more

What other productivity software are you working with...
krkam

Re: Explorer Thumbnails - Images, videos, and possibly more

Post by krkam »

What system do you have? I don't get xys thumbs, only empty area.
You just added xys in ThumbExt.cpl? Any thumbs for eml and reg files?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

The machine I installed thumbnail extensions on is Windows 7 x64 and yes, I simply added the xys extension via the control panel applet. I just added the reg extension and it worked also.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

krkam

Post by krkam »

Very strange. I also tested it on a win 7 x64, but same result, only white "thumbs".
How did you start the applet? Start as administrator or open with control panel? If i try with control panel and want to store i get the message "failed to set the.
No matter if as normal user or as admin.
And otherwise white "thumbs"
Do you have some other shell extensions?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

That's odd. I can single click on the CP applet "Thumbnail extension (32bit)" in the Control Panel and the dialog box opens allowing me to add or remove extensions. They take affect after a restart.

I have FastPictureViewer Codec Pack Pro (64 bit) installed but that should only affect normal image files (i.e., text files are not listed on their supported formats page). I also have Icaros installed but shouldn't really affect it either.

Yes, I am an administrator on this computer.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I installed Thumbnail Extension 1.03 on my laptop with Windows 7 x64 and had complete success viewing the text within the thumbnails of txt and xys files. Have you updated XYplorer to version 15.00.0401 or later?

Edit: If you have and it's still not working, I'd try Uninstalling from the Control Panel "Programs and Features" and then reinstalling Thumbnail Extensions. If you're not an administrator right click the Setup.exe and "Run as administrator" as it states in the readme file. Also, I think I read somewhere that the thumbnail size has to be greater than a certain value (i.e., try making them bigger) to see if it solves the problem. The thumbnails are a fixed value but your XY thumbnail setting has to be set bigger than this value.

krkam

Post by krkam »

xyplorer 15.00.401 and later, no thumbs. I made a clean install of the english win 7 x64 (with vmware tools), same game.
MDBU works also for not predefined (in thumbnail extensions) textfiles. But in thumbs column only white within thumb area.

ale

Post by ale »

I needed thumbnails for *.epub files (on 64-bit Windows), and I followed Slavaon suggestion to use CBX Shell. Adding a note to say that to obtain the 32-bit DLLs, we can unpack the installer with innounp. Useful if we don't have a 32-bit Windows available to perform an auxiliary installation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the info! :tup:

Roukz

Post by Roukz »

krkam wrote:@klownboy
i am on win 8.1 upd 1 x64 system. The thumbnails extensions are x86.
I took this link which slavaon has given one page before
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i34AdJf
Slavaon wrote:Hello krkam and All.
"Thumbnail extensions 1.03" by Schezo for text files аnd one more codec, which author is unknown.
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i34AdJf
Hey Slavon & krkam..

I knoew its been awhile since your posts..
but I wish you still have a working link for Thumbnail extensions 1.03" by Schezo..
Or can you even email to me?

I need help here :cry: :cry: