Screen Capture Util

What other productivity software are you working with...
Millzey

Screen Capture Util

Post by Millzey »

Could someone kindly suggest a screen capture utility that is easy to use so that I may post a nasty and frustating XYP bug that the admin has been unable to duplicate? It doesnt even have to be freeware if it'll lead to this bug getting squashed.

Thanks

RalphM

Re: Screen Capture Util

Post by RalphM »

PicPick has served my needs in this department quite well over the past few years and it is free for personal use.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Millzey

Post by Millzey »

Looks great. Thanks.

Leito

Post by Leito »

By screen capture you mean a video?

If so, I recommend ScreenToGif.

mikes16

Post by mikes16 »

Screenpresso. I even own a license of SnagIT - which is very expensive - and I still prefer Screenpresso.

highend

Post by highend »

I can recommend FastStone Screen Capture: https://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hey highend. For the FastStone Screen Capture one "user" license ($19.95), can that one user use it on multiple computers? It wasn't abundantly clear on the website especially since there's a family license (which covers up to 5 computers and obviously multiple users). If so, it's a good deal considering it's a lifetime license.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Ken,

I've looked up my license (single user) and there's no explicit statement with regard to the number of (licencee's) computers/installations covered by a single license. In the help/manual it's the same.

I use it on two machines. Asking my guts, I feel that's not breaking the license agreement.

FH

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks Filehero. It sounds like it's not a problem for a single user to install it on 2 or 3 computers. At least the program didn't choke when you installed it on a second one. :) I've been using Windows 10 Snipping Tool which is very limited.

I hope you're staying healthy and safe. :masked: :tup:

highend

Post by highend »

Here as well, using it on 2 machines. Can't find anything regarding a limitation but if unsure, contact them :masked:
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks highend. I'd still be fine if was only one user one computer for lifetime, but then again, two is better than one. I hope you are staying healthy and safe in this crazy time.

mikes16

Post by mikes16 »

Screenpresso https://www.screenpresso.com/ is free for even commercial use and has a cost for advanced functions. The workflow is very nice - screenshot and the image goes to the clipboard for immedaite pasting. The editor is great for annotations. The free version allows for HD video.

I'm not affiliated with them, but I have been using them for a LONG time and my company gives me a free copy of TechSmith's Snag-It - which is expensive - but I still prefer the workflow of Screenpresso.

The magnifying loop function in Screenpresso also is great for zooming in and showing details of a small area. Snag-It's is less "useful" for me - you cannot zoom the loop, freeze the image and then move it group - with Screenpresso you can (hard to describe, just try it).

p•rascal

Post by p•rascal »

RalphM wrote: 23 Jun 2019 09:38 PicPick has served my needs in this department quite well over the past few years and it is free for personal use.
Still a good one. Would be interesting to know how many screen shoots i've taken during the past decades. Might be hundreds of thousand :ninja:
This descend software incl. a few helpful tools, incl. a quite hilarious cut and size changer and a colour picker with a few slots to save some colours.. It's since long on the market and one of this "old" tools which just does what it says and not a lot of other Sh** useless functions includes...
I am using the premium as I believe that after the first 1000 captures it would be more then fine and ok to value developers work and pay 20 bucks for a lifetime subscription. Even Vivaldi comes with a great capture tool, i prefer to use this one most... Oldschool stuff for oldschool ppl!

Wanted to provide a screenshot of the UI... but I was not able figuring out how to capture the programs UI as the window disappears as soon as the command for a screenshot appears... :lol: :D
But here I got one: Image
Using XY since almost three years. :warnred20: Its quite an obsessive and addictive application. Three years but still discovering from time to time handy features which I've never ever seen before... :lol:

PCG

Post by PCG »

I have recently used both GreenShot and ShareX. Both are free and open source.

coleyz

Post by coleyz »

ShareX is pretty great. Definitely recommend. Has auto-upload which is convenient.