BETA version (with detailed history information)

Get a glimpse of the next XYplorer...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Here's the new BETA

Post by admin »

Change Log for the latest XYplorer BETA version:

Code: Select all

v23.50.0103 - 2022-08-23 17:07
    ! List | Color Filters: Since caching the color was not immediately refreshed after a 
      rename. Fixed.
:info: To update to this BETA version from XYplorer, hold down the CTRL key while you click Help | Online Support | Check for Updates. To download it, choose a package: (1) Installer Package, (2) No-Install Package.

:!!: Note that BETA versions are work in progress and might contain fresh bugs. You have been warned. It's a good idea to backup your complete XYplorer settings (menu File | Settings Special | Backup Application Data Folder...) before running a new BETA version. This will also help in fixing any fresh bugs.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:off: Summary of the latest XYplorer Official Release.

Download Page: https://www.xyplorer.com/download.php

v23.50.0200 - 2022-08-23 21:00
    = MAINTENANCE RELEASE.
  +++ Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
To download this OFFICIAL version choose a package: (1) Installer Package, (2) No-Install Package.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0201 - 2022-08-24 17:42
    ! List Icons: Icons no longer work in the latest Win 11 versions. A fix from MS is not 
      in sight, nor is there any documentation. So I'm shooting in the dark here. Fix #1.
:info: To update to this BETA version from XYplorer, hold down the CTRL key while you click Help | Online Support | Check for Updates. To download it, choose a package: (1) Installer Package, (2) No-Install Package.

:!!: Note that BETA versions are work in progress and might contain fresh bugs. You have been warned. It's a good idea to backup your complete XYplorer settings (menu File | Settings Special | Backup Application Data Folder...) before running a new BETA version. This will also help in fixing any fresh bugs.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0202 - 2022-08-24 19:42
    ! List Icons: Icons no longer work in the latest Win 11 versions. Now it should also 
      be fixed for files. Fix #2.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0203 - 2022-08-25 12:36
    ! SC unset: Since 20220815, unsetting a variable that didn't exist (so unset was 
      totally unnecessary) resulted in that variable actually being created. Fixed.
    ! Floating Preview: "Zoom to Fit" did not work anymore. Fixed.
    ! Configuration | Colors and Styles | Templates | Status Bar: Fixed various issues.
    ! List Icons: Looks like they fixed it. Undid my own fix attempts.
    ! SC exists: Did not support items on portable devices. Fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0205 - 2022-08-25 19:28
    + Toolbar | Random Order: Now the button's context menu features the toggle "Include 
      Folders". Tick it to also shuffle the folders.    
    ! List Icons: Re-did and improved my own fix attempts.    

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0206 - 2022-08-26 09:41
    + Catalog: Added another value to tweak CatalogFlags (bit field):
        16: Left single-click expands/collapses categories.
    * Info Panel | Find Files | Name & Location | Find hidden: Now it also ignores any 
      active Ghost Filter.
    ! Encrypted Items Icon Overlays: Now the overlays are also shown for Custom File 
      Icons (Win 10 and later).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0207 - 2022-08-26 17:52
    % Floating Preview: Resizing the preview window with "Zoom to Fit" enabled is now 
      ultra-smooth.
    ! Floating Preview: Since the v23.50.0203 "Zoom to Fit" fix the zoom did not work 
      anymore when "Zoom to Fit" was enabled. Fixed.
    ! MLS: Some menu items remained untranslated when their keyboard shortcut was removed. 
      Fixed.
    ! Color Filters: Since they are cached in the list, adding or removing drives was 
      missing a necessary cache refresh. Fixed.
    ! Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Visible time in 
      milliseconds: Change was not applied to tips for clipped tree and list items. Fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0208 - 2022-08-26 21:22
    + SC property enhanced: Added argument "#Attr" to return the file attributes of an 
      item in the usual letter format.
        #Attr         = File Attributes as Letters, e.g. "AI" or "DJI"
      Examples:
        text property("#Attr");   //defaults to current list item
        text property("#Attr", "E:\Test\funstuff\goodfellas.jpg");
      Also available as variable:
        text <prop #attr>;  //case doesn't matter
    - Undid this change from v23.50.0006 - 2022-08-11 21:10:
      ! Hard Links: Retrieving the number of Hard Links did not work correctly with 
        junctions (they were always shown as having zero Hard Links). Now the returns refer 
        to the number of Hard Links of the target paths of the junctions.
      Shitty idea, and the statement is wrong too. Forget it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0210 - 2022-08-27 12:27
    + Floating Preview | Context Menu: Added toggle "Zoom by Wheel" (Y).
      - If ticked then Wheel zooms in and out, and Ctrl+Wheel browses through the files.
      - If unticked then Ctrl+Wheel zooms in and out, and Wheel browses through the files.
      The new factory default (not for upgraders) is ticked. The Windows image preview 
      does it, too.
    ! Floating Preview: LMB-panning an enlarged preview did not work anymore with "Zoom to 
      Fit" enabled. Fixed.
    ! Extended Shell Properties: Could trigger an unwanted error message. Fixed.
    ! Custom Toolbar Buttons: Since 20220818 SC button would not work anymore from a CTB. Fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0211 - 2022-08-28 11:15
    + Hover Box: Added tweak to exclude certain file types (identified by extension) from 
      the Hover Box. Extensions are separated by . (dot), for example:
        HoverBoxSkipExt=txt.wim
    ! Hover Box: Since 20220806, text content could skip a line when word wrapping was 
      enabled. Fixed.
    ! Floating Preview: Toggle Zoom (G) did not work with "Zoom to Fit" enabled. Fixed.
    ! SC zip_list2: Returned superfluous <tab> prefixes on filenames. Fixed.
    ! SC zip_extract: When WinRAR/7z is used as extractor and a single item filename with 
      spaces is passed it needed to be extra-quoted:
        zip_extract(<curitem>, , """a b.txt""");
      Fixed. No more extra-quotes needed:
        zip_extract(<curitem>, , "a b.txt");  //OK with both rar/7z and zipfldr

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0212 - 2022-08-29 09:40
    + Hover Box: When viewing text content, the status area now shows a "Leftwards Arrow 
      with Hook" (U+21A9) in the right bottom corner when word wrap is enabled.
    ! Windows Version: Version detection for Windows 10 and later was out of sync with 
      Microsoft's crazy development of a versioning system that's as messy as possible.
      Fixed. For example:
      - OLD: Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit, Release 2009, Build 17134.1706 (6.4), .NET v4.8.04084
      - NEW: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043.1706 (6.4), .NET v4.8.04084

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:off: Summary of the latest XYplorer Official Release.

Download Page: https://www.xyplorer.com/download.php

v23.50.0300 - 2022-08-29 17:00
    = MAINTENANCE RELEASE.
  +++ Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
To download this OFFICIAL version choose a package: (1) Installer Package, (2) No-Install Package.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0301 - 2022-08-30 14:45
    + Scripting: Added experimental support for For loops. For loops can be thought of as 
      shorthand for While loops, and that's how they're supported now: For loops are 
      internally converted to While loops. If you step through your scripts, you'll see 
      that.
      For example, this For loop:
        for ($i = 1; $i <= 3; $i++) {
          echo $i;
        }
      ... is internally converted to this While loop:
        $i = 1;
        while ($i <= 3) {
          echo $i;
          $i++;
        }
    ! Configuration | Preview | Thumbnails | Cache path | Clear...: Did not kill the new 
      *.ini files yet. Did not kill "XYThumbs.txt" yet. Raised error 70 (Permission 
      denied) when the cache was currently active (thumbnails showing). All fixed.
    ! Info Panel | Find Files | Dupes: The captions of the bold checkboxes were chopped 
      off on certain font settings. Fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v23.50.0302 - 2022-08-30 20:07
    + Scripting | For Loops: Now nested For loops are supported:
      For example, these nested For loops:
        for ($i = 1; $i <= 3; $i++) {
          for ($j = 1; $j <= 3; $j++) {
            echo "$i.$j";
          }
        }
      ... are internally converted to these nested While loops:
        $i = 1;
        while ($i <= 3) {
          $j = 1;
          while ($j <= 3) {
            echo "$i.$j";
            $j++;
          }
          $i++;
        }
    + Scripting | For Loops: Now the For loops can contain other control structures, for 
      example:
        for ($i = 1; $i <= 10; $i++) {
          if ($i % 2 == 0) {
            echo $i;
          }
        }