for the latest XYplorer BETA version
Code: Select all
v20.70.0002 - 2020-01-29 21:32
+++ Perceptual Image Hash: XYplorer learned to generate a perceptual hash for
images by which you can find duplicate images, sort images by their visual
similarity, measure the degree of similarity between two images, and
search for images that are similar to a given one.
- The PIH is scale-invariant, brightness-invariant, contrast-invariant,
saturation-invariant, hue-invariant, and, of course, pretty damn fast.
Well, relatively fast: Creating the hash will take roughly the time of
creating a thumbnail for the file.
- Cropping and rotation will destroy similarity though, at the moment at
- The hash is currently shown as 5 2-digit hex numbers separated by dots.
This will probably change later.
- The hash can later be stored in a database which will make all of these
operations near-instant (phase 2).
- This is work in progress. For starters I injected the PIH into the Special
Property column "Aspect Ratio" (later it will get its own column, of
course). To test the hash show that column and sort the list by it
(Configuration | General | Sort and Rename | Sort | Sort method ->
Binary!). Similar images should be listed together now.
- Note that I expect a longer experimentation phase until the best
algorithm is found. It might even become configurable to some extent.
- Note that perfection is not realistic in this business but near-perfection
is a reasonable goal. Even that will *vastly* speed up finding duplicate
images, which by eye alone is near impossible if the number of images is
higher than a few dozen.
! Thumbnails: Under certain conditions the thumbs cache was destroyed when
you created and renamed a new folder in list in thumbnails view. Fixed.
the latest BETA version choose a download package: (1) Installer Package
, (2) No-Install Package
Note that BETA versions are work in progress and might contain fresh bugs. You have been warned.
It's a good idea to backup your complete XYplorer settings (menu File | Settings Special | Backup Application Data Folder...)
before running a new BETA version. This will also help in fixing any fresh bugs.