Q. Customizable keyboard shortcuts ?

Features wanted...
Lare2

Q. Customizable keyboard shortcuts ?

Post by Lare2 »

I know this is on the roadmap.

I have always loved this application and the only thing holding me from buying it was the inability to customize keyboard shortcuts.

Never took the time to look under the road map topic but yesterday I did it and saw it there, so finally I decided to buy it.

So I would like to know from the developer by when should i expect this feature to become true.

Thank you for the time reading this.
Last edited by Lare2 on 08 Mar 2007 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Q. Customizable keyboard shortcuts ?

Post by admin »

Roughly 4 weeks.

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

Thank you for your quick response. It's nice to see this feature coming considering XYplorer is so customizable that not having a way to customize the shortcuts was strange.

Congrats for an amazing app and keep the good work.

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Four weeks?! \o/ :D
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

zridling

Post by zridling »

I'm surprised customizable keyboard shortcuts will be here this fast. I did not anticipate them until version 6, since so much has been included in version 5 already. (Good time for a version bump, hint-hint!) My hope is that keyboard shortcuts can be applied to specific files and folders, too. On top of the advantages and flexibility already provided in this way with the Catalog, this would be grand.
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

zridling wrote:I'm surprised customizable keyboard shortcuts will be here this fast. I did not anticipate them until version 6
You know, no one said CKS wouldn't only be in version 6. I mean, Don only said roughly 4 weeks, doesn't mean in that time XY will turn to v6 ;)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

zridling

Post by zridling »

Good point, Jacky. But when they come, it should be just in time for my next XYplorer donation! I'm in no hurry, since the current XYplorer version is so well grounded in keyboard shortcuts. However, this feature will definitely move XYplorer on a more equal footing than Directory Opus, which I designated to 2nd place over a year ago.
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zridling wrote:My hope is that keyboard shortcuts can be applied to specific files and folders, too. On top of the advantages and flexibility already provided in this way with the Catalog, this would be grand.
You mean for opening, launchingm, browsing? That will definitely work (but in a 2nd phase, not within the first 4 weeks), probably via catalog aliases which identify a catalog item:

KS -> alias -> catalog item -> item's default action.