XYplorer has enountered a problem and needs to close

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
IMPVGO

XYplorer has enountered a problem and needs to close

Post by IMPVGO »

Every time I right click with mouse on a pdf file, XYplorer "encouters a problem and needs to close". It has not happened with other image files, only with pdf files.

I use windows xp sp3, have installed comodo firewall and avira anti-virus. My version of XYplorer is the portable one, and is v 10.80.0100.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: XYplorer has enountered a problem and needs to close

Post by j_c_hallgren »

IMPVGO wrote:Every time I right click with mouse on a pdf file,
Can't say for sure but that most often tends to point to some faulty shell extension since they are related to context/right-click usage.

What add-ons do you have that may be tied to this, esp those used with PDF's? Does it work fine in other FM's, like WE? Is it strictly on PDF's? What PDF viewer do you use? These are the types of things to investigate and/or search for.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

IMPVGO

Post by IMPVGO »

Actually, it appears that is a shell extension entry that I have to investigate which specifically is causing the problem. I followed instructions on http://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=ctxcrash, and effectively when I tick Configuration | Extended | Default items only in shell context menu the issue / problem disappears.