snippet lab

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Re: snippet lab: Permanent Variables

Post by admin »

DmFedorov wrote:
admin wrote: To illustrate the greatness of the new Permanent Variables, here's a snippet that will create a new toolbar button at the right end of your current toolbar. The button can backup and restore text from/to the clipboard. It's just a modest example.
How can I see Permanent variables from the menu Scripting > List Permanent Variables?
And where is these Permanent variables in your code (if code illustrates their work)?

(I have thought that during the execution [::snippet;] or after that I will see these variables. They are permanent! :wink: )
First you have to use the scripts contained in the button. The line perm $cb; will create a PV. E.g. press "Backup ClipboardText", then you will have a PV.

DmFedorov

Re: snippet lab

Post by DmFedorov »

admin wrote:First you have to use the scripts contained in the button. The line perm $cb; will create a PV. E.g. press "Backup ClipboardText", then you will have a PV.
Yes. Found.
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In 9.90.0705 try this, and apply the new tweak ScriptRetainPVs=1 before. It's a small example of a filename collector, retained across sessions.

Code: Select all

Snip: CTB 1
  XYplorer 9.90.0705, 11.04.2011 15:23:03
Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  Filename Store
Icon
  :copypath
ScriptL
  "Add Current Filename"
    if (strlen(<curitem>) > 0 ) {
      perm $p_filenamestore;
      $p_filenamestore = $p_filenamestore<curitem><crlf>;
      status "filename added to store";
    } else {
      status "nothing selected", , "alert";
    }
  "-"
  "Edit Store..."
    $p_filenamestore = input("Edit Filename Store", , $p_filenamestore, m);
  "Copy Store to Clipboard"
    copytext $p_filenamestore;
  "-"
  "Unset Filename Store"
    unset $p_filenamestore;
    status "filename store unset";
ScriptR

FireClick

tiago

Post by tiago »

admin wrote:
tiago wrote:hey, cool icon that clipboard one! I'm looking everywhere but can't find a list of them. Any heading please?
Right-click the button, click "Customize Toolbar...", voila, a list of all icons with keywords in square brackets.
By keywords you mean the codes like ":clip" and ":copypath", which is what I want? It doesn't. I right clicked the "available buttons" list and it copied a whole list after "copy all items", but no codes there too.
Power-hungry user!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tiago wrote:
admin wrote:
tiago wrote:hey, cool icon that clipboard one! I'm looking everywhere but can't find a list of them. Any heading please?
Right-click the button, click "Customize Toolbar...", voila, a list of all icons with keywords in square brackets.
By keywords you mean the codes like ":clip" and ":copypath", which is what I want? It doesn't. I right clicked the "available buttons" list and it copied a whole list after "copy all items", but no codes there too.
The codes are there to see and remember. Look up ":clip" then type :clip into your button properties. Where's the problem? :)

tiago

Post by tiago »

Following your guidance I just got the names of the buttons:
Separator
Address Bar Go
Hotlist
User Button #32
I'd like o have the icon codes listed either so I'd have more inbuilt icons to choose from when creating user buttons.
Power-hungry user!!!

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

You can see icon codes only by click on "User" button > Customize Toolbar...
You can select all buttons in Toolbar and in Ini-file (Toolbar=) you can see all codes too.

autorefresh, back, backupto, browsenetwork, calcfosi, cat, cks, clip, closetab, cofi, conf, copy, copypath, copyto, ctb, cut, del, dosbox, dp12, dpcopyto, dpmoveto, drives, exitnosave, favfiles, favs, find, findlabel, findtag, fore, fvs, goprev, hidenav, hightree, home, hotlist, labels, lasttarget, locktab, lstmgmt, minitree, moveto, mru, myco, netmap, netunmap, newfolder, newtab, nuke, openwith, panellast, panelmax, panelshow, paste, preview, previewfull, props, qfv, queue, redo, refresh, refreshsus, rename, savesett, showfolders, showhidden, showsystem, sort, steps, sticky, stop, syncscroll, tablist, tags, tagsadd, tagsfind, tagsrmv, tagsset, treeshow, udc, undo, viewdetails, viewlist, views, viewthumbs, visualfilter, zoomin, zoomout

Add:
so I'd have more inbuilt icons to choose from when creating user buttons
In Opus you can see all icons, search their names and codes, and select icons from other Files or other icon sets. Nice done. But I think it is not so important now.
Attachments
(04.11.2011 23_07_19).gif
(04.11.2011 23_07_19).gif (87.25 KiB) Viewed 6712 times

tiago

Post by tiago »

Now I see what was going wrong. The right click MUST be done on a user created button and not on a stock one, those 32 which admin referred earlier. Sounds a bit strange, you have to create a button, click on it then having a list of codes to assign an icon to it. Thanks anyway to Don and you DmFedorov.
Power-hungry user!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tiago wrote:Now I see what was going wrong. The right click MUST be done on a user created button and not on a stock one, those 32 which admin referred earlier. Sounds a bit strange, you have to create a button, click on it then having a list of codes to assign an icon to it. Thanks anyway to Don and you DmFedorov.
Yes, a bit strange, but at least it is mentioned in the help: :wink:
Tip: You may as well re-use XYplorer's internal Toolbar icons for your own button. Simply state the toolbar icon key preceded by a colon (":") in the Icon field, e.g. :hotlist. You can find the toolbar icon keys in the Customize Toolbar dialog when you call it from the context menu of a user button.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Improved version of "filename collector", now called "Item Store".
XY v9.90.0800 or later

1) Paste ::snippet; into the address bar and press ENTER. A text box will open to enter snippet.

2) And here comes the copy+paste ready snippet. I will create a new button at the right end of your toolbar.

XYplorer 9.90.0708, 13.04.2011 08:51:37
Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  Item Store
Icon
ScriptL
  "Add Selected Items"
    perm $p_filenamestore;
    $cntitems = get("countselected");
    if ($cntitems > 0) {
      $items = get("selecteditemspathnames");
      $p_filenamestore = $p_filenamestore$items<crlf>;
      status "$cntitems item(s) added to store";
    } else {
    }
  "Add Focused Item"
    if (strlen(<focitem>) > 0 ) {
      perm $p_filenamestore;
      $p_filenamestore = $p_filenamestore<focitem><crlf>;
      status "1 item added to store";
    } else {
      status "nothing focused", , "alert";
    }
  "-"
  "Edit Item Store..."
    $p_filenamestore = input("Edit Item Store", , $p_filenamestore, m);
  "-"
  "Unset Item Store"
    unset $p_filenamestore;
    status "item store unset";
ScriptR

FireClick
3) Tip: Tick Configuration | Advanced | Remember permanent variables to retain the item collection across sessions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Improved version of the "Item Store".
- Added "Copy Items Here" which finally makes the whole excersice useful.
- Added a useful internal check using the new isset() function.
- Tip: If you don't get what this is all about: it's quite similar to a well-known free app called "Piky Basket".
XY v9.90.0812 or later

1) Paste ::snippet; into the address bar and press ENTER. A text box will open to enter snippet.

2) And here comes the copy+paste ready snippet. I will create a new button at the right end of your toolbar.

XYplorer 9.90.0812, 03.05.2011 11:11:10
Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  Item Store
Icon
ScriptL
  "Add Selected Items"
    perm $p_filenamestore;
    $cntitems = get("countselected");
    if ($cntitems > 0) {
      $items = get("selecteditemspathnames");
      $p_filenamestore = $p_filenamestore$items<crlf>;
      status "$cntitems item(s) added to store";
    } else {
    }
  "Add Focused Item"
    if (strlen(<focitem>) > 0 ) {
      perm $p_filenamestore;
      $p_filenamestore = $p_filenamestore<focitem><crlf>;
      status "1 item added to store";
    } else {
      status "nothing focused", , "alert";
    }
  "-"
  "Copy Items Here"
    if isset($p_filenamestore) {
      $items = replace($p_filenamestore, <crlf>, "|");
      copyto <curpath>, $items;
    } else {
      status "no items in store", , "alert";
    }
  "-"
  "Edit Item Store..."
    $contents = isset($p_filenamestore)?$p_filenamestore:"";
    $p_filenamestore = input("Edit Item Store", , $contents, m);
  "-"
  "Unset Item Store"
    unset $p_filenamestore;
    status "item store unset";
ScriptR

FireClick
3) Tip: Tick Configuration | Advanced | Remember permanent variables to retain the item collection across sessions.

eil

Post by eil »

as snippets are still undocumented, i have to ask here = how can i order a snippet(ScriptL section for example) to take script from .xys file, while creating a new button?
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eil wrote:as snippets are still undocumented, i have to ask here = how can i order a snippet(ScriptL section for example) to take script from .xys file, while creating a new button?
Right-click the Clear button in "Edit Button" and select "copy as snippet". Then study what you see. :)

eil

Post by eil »

i seem to understand snippet syntax, but i don't know for sure if it's only possible to make snippet with coping script in body of snippet, or there is some way to direct it where to get script? something like:
Code:

ScriptL
  load <xydata>\scripts\my_sc.xys
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eil wrote:i seem to understand snippet syntax, but i don't know for sure if it's only possible to make snippet with coping script in body of snippet, or there is some way to direct it where to get script? something like:
Code:

ScriptL
  load <xydata>\scripts\my_sc.xys
Nope, not posssible.