TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
fishgod

TeraCopyWithTagsMoveAlong

Post by fishgod »

Please use the current version from Muroph http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 998#p31998.

TeraCopyWithTagsMoveAlong v0.01.0001

NEW: Tags and Comments now move along with the moved / copied files

Description:
I adapted the existing script so that Tags and Comments get stored and restored on TeraCopy-Operations.
On "cut" the Tags and Comments are removed immediately, but you can restore them by pasting in the same folder (TeryCopy will do nothing because of the destination-folder and source-folder are the same. But the part of the script restoring the Tags and Comments is running through anyways)

How to use:
  • You can call the Script via Catalog to popup a menu with "Copy", "Cut", and "Paste".
  • You can load the appropriate subtask buy directly calling to the labels. (Labels are: "copy", "cut" and "paste")
  • You can assign CKS via UDC load script.

Download:
Teracopy.xys
v0.01.0001
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Changes:

Code: Select all

v0.01.0001  2008.04.15
! there was ...$num files copied... in the statusbar, now content of $num and
  not the string "$num" is shown
! All via SetKey generated files are stored relative to the script with the name "Teracopy.(ini|tmp)"
+ This header added

v0.01.0000  2008.04.14
+ initial release
Having the code here in plain is nice but with breaking the 5KB it would be a little bit overloaded :mrgreen:
[/color]

//edit: placed link to current version from Muroph's script.
Last edited by fishgod on 03 May 2009 02:29, edited 3 times in total.
Operating System: Win10 x64 / Win7 x64 / almost allways newest XY-beta
totally XYscripting-addicted

RalphM

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by RalphM »

So far I had your three scripts put in one TeraCopy.xys file for easier access (this might just be me) but now with the newest release (using the same sub-names in the three scripts but with different functions) this can't be done anymore, or at least not by just copy and paste the three scripts into one .xys.

Wouldn't you like to rearrange it that way in general, or am I missing something here?

Thanks anyway for the scripts.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

You can prefix each SubRoutine to get unice names. Putting all the three Files together will result in multiple occurance of "_loop" for example.

Replacing every "_saveTagsAndComments" in Copy.xys to "_Copy_saveTagsAndComments"
Replacing every "_loop" in Copy.xys to "_Copy_loop"

When you do this similar to the both of the other files you should be able to put the contents of all the tree files in one big one.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Yep, this was my initial idea to solve the "problem", but my question was rather, whether it wouldn't be a good idea to have the three commands in the same .xys anyway.

It would be more logical that way - I admit at least for me, well maybe for others too who didn't speak up so far...

I could certainly adapt it to my way, but if others feel the same way, it might be easier for fishgod to do it once and then make future changes / updates based on that single .xys-file.

Well, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to avoid that bit of coding, I was just thinking it might save time in the long turn, if I could talk you into doing it at the base.
But if you still don't like the idea or have other reasons to leave it the way it is (which I would be interested to know) then I'll dig into it...
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

I've scripted a lot the last days, and now I think its really a better idea to have this in one file...

I'll update and merge the Scripts from my posting above tomorrow.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

First of all thanks for considering the idea, and later on even more for coding it. :D

Oh sorry, didn't check before :oops: - you already did it

Great work, thanks again :D

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

fishgod wrote:NEW: Tags and Comments now move along with the moved / copied files
damn you, hijacking my script! :evil:

just kidding. :P
this was a really nice idea. :)

i tried your script and it looks good.
just a couple problems:
1- i think you should have made the script remove the tags/comms during the paste operation.
2- tags/comments inside folders are lost. :(

i kind of have an idea about how to fix it (especially #2), but i'll probably have to write a big script.
well, i have a few hours of free time ahead, so i'll give it a try.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

UPDATED to v6.8

TeraCopy Integration v6.8
Based on fishgod's idea, i tried to avoid the two problems i mentioned in my previous post, as well as adding some useful features.
Features:
-Move/copy tags and comments along with the items.
-Tags/comments inside folders are processed as well.
-Tags/comments are not immediately removed from cut items.
-A "restore" command, in case you abort a move operation in Teracopy.
v6.1:
-Now you can easily set the location to teracopy.exe and the folder used for temp files (now %temp% by default).
-You can have the option to save your tag.dat before or after script execution (more info inside the script).
-3 different paste modes:
---Normal: Tags/comments are always processed. (Label = paste)
---XYplorer style: Tags/comments are moved, but not copied. (Label = pastexy)
---No tags/comments: Self explanatory. (Label = pastenotags)
v6.2:
-Configurable statusbar update interval. Improves performance.
-Saves a backup of your tag.dat IF you chose to keep the updated file.
v6.3:
-Item limit is gone.
v6.4:
-Item collection (inspired by serendipity's script)
v6.5:
-Automatically fall back to normal copy if TeraCopy is not found.
v6.6:
-Added support for the tree.
-Option to also copy/cut to the clipboard.
-Easy script configuration using a wizard.
-Settings are now saved to an ini file in XYplorer's data path (configurable).
v6.7:
-Move/Copy to...
v6.8
-Custom command lines: add support to other programs besides TeraCopy.
-Configurable colors for statusbar messages.

Read the notes!
Note 1: You might have to manually select the path to teracopy.exe, especially if you're using a 64bit OS.
To do this just load the script file and click on "Configure Script" in the menu that pops up.

Note 2: Tags and comments won't be changed if the source and target paths are the same.
There are two reasons for that:
1. In a copy operation the items would be renamed, preventing the script from tagging the new items correctly.
2. In a move operation, tags and comms wouldn't be changed anyway.

Note 3: Look out for paths and names conflicts when using the collection.

Get it here:
teracopy.xys
(35.2 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
You need at least XYplorer v8.40.0115 and Teracopy v2.0beta3.

To use it, simply load the script file to get a menu.
Or you can use the subscripts directly using the labels cut, copy, paste, pastexy, pastenotags, moveto, copyto, restore and configure.
The labels for the collection are: addcollection, movecollection, copycollection, editcollection, clearcollection.
Last edited by Muroph on 15 Apr 2010 17:44, edited 19 times in total.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator

ogroeger

Post by ogroeger »

Thanks for your work, Muroph.

I downloaded the script and made a quick test. One comment:
You use the variable <xypath> which resolves to "C:\Programme\XYPlorer" on my workstation. This directory is write protected for me because i don't work as local administrator. I'm a total script newbie, is it possible to replace that variable with a different one that points to "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Olaf\Anwendungsdaten\XYplorer"?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

ogroeger wrote:is it possible to replace that variable with a different one that points to "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Olaf\Anwendungsdaten\XYplorer"?
yes, it is.
in fact, i'm thinking of making the script use the windows temp folder (or maybe a user defined path) instead of xyplorer's data folder.
i'll post a v6.1 with some new options in a few hours, so i'll probably change the path in the new script.
My shared scripts:

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

Muroph wrote:in fact, i'm thinking of making the script use the windows temp folder (or maybe a user defined path) instead of xyplorer's data folder.
Quite a good idea, I've had this idea also yesterday :)
Would make it really portable since if its burned to cd the app-folder is simply media-based-write-protected.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

fishgod wrote:Would make it really portable since if its burned to cd the app-folder is simply media-based-write-protected.
i don't think my script would work from a write protected media.
the problem is that it has to save a new tag.dat to work.
the only way to use it would be to skip all the tag operations (wait for v6.1 later 8) ).

buuut...
i have another version that might work.
i'll check it later.
My shared scripts:

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

Muroph wrote:i don't think my script would work from a write protected media.
the problem is that it has to save a new tag.dat to work.
the only way to use it would be to skip all the tag operations (wait for v6.1 later 8) ).
Sometimes I forget something... of cause a writeproteced tag.dat cannot be edited, but using the system-temp-folder is also good idea for every script.

//edit:
I've started a thread dealing with condingconventions here. Maybe there is a global solutions to prevent problems like the one from ogroeger in the future.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

version 6.1 is out.
get it here.
Muroph wrote:buuut...
i have another version that might work.
i'll check it later.
nope, all of them use the command #195, "save tags and comments".
it's the only way i found to look for tags inside folders.
and #195 is very likely to fail in a write-protected media (i don't know how xy handles that).
however, the script can still read the tag database.
any tags/comms saved in tag.dat will be processed normally.
My shared scripts:

ogroeger

Post by ogroeger »

Great. Thanks for your effort, Muroph.