TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
serendipity

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by serendipity »

Gynsu2000 wrote:Call me a newbie (which I actually am :) ) but can anyone explain me how to make TeraCopy the default copy handler in Xyplorer?
I've downloaded the script, loaded it (a context menu pops up right after) and then ... what? I've tried to check in "customize shortcut" menu but couldn't find teracopy's commands.
Anyone kind enough to make a quick "Use TeraCopy with Xyplorer for dummies"? :)

Thanks!
One way to do it is:
1) Place this script in the XYplorer's "Scripts" folder.
2) Drag & drop the Teracopy script file (eg: Teracopy.xys) in the catalog.
3) Right-click the dropped file and choose properties.
4) In the location field you will see the path, C:\Program Files\XYplorer\Scripts\Teracopy.xys.
5) Change it to: ::load "C:\Program Files\XYplorer\Scripts\Teracopy.xys"
6) Now you can use copy/paste from here. Select files and click on this script to see context menus cut,copy, paste etc.

There is another way to do it too where you can use cut,copy,paste files using keyboard instead of using the catalog.

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

Gynsu2000 wrote:how to make TeraCopy the default copy handler in Xyplorer?
As far as I know, you cannot make TeraCopy the default-copy-handler for XY.

But you can assign the Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V / Ctrl+X Hotkeys to the Script, so every copying through these hotkeys run with teracopy.
Personally, I use Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V all the time because it is simply faster than clicking through menus.

How do you do it:
1. Open "Manager User-Defined Commands" (through "Manager Commands" under "User" in the main-menu or press Ctrl+Alt+F9)
2. Click "Load Script File" on the left
3. Click "New..." on the right -> "Add new command"
3.1. Caption: "TeraCopy" (can also be anything else, its just a identifier for you)
3.2. Script-File: "Teracopy.xys"
3.3. Label: "copy"
4. Click "New.." on the right ...
4.1. Caption: "TeraPaste"
4.2. Script-File: "Teracopy.xys"
4.3. Label: "paste"
5. Click "New.." on the right ...
5.1. Caption: "TeraCut"
5.2. Script-File: "Teracopy.xys"
5.3. Label: "cut"
6. Goto "Tools" -> "Customize Keyboard Shortcuts" (or press Shift+F9)
7. Select the Category "User"
8. Scroll down the "Commands"-List and look for the entries created in 4., 5. and 6.
9. Select a entry on in the list
10. Focus the "Press new shortcut"-field and press your desired hotkey
11. If you pressed a shortcut which is allready defined, it will be displayed right below the field
12. If you use Ctrl+C/V/X, XY will probably tell you that these hotkeys are in use by "Edit \ Copy", "Edit \ Paste" and "Edit \ Cut". This only means that XY will remove this hotkey from the displayed function when you press "Assign"
13. Press "Assign" and repeat for the other two entries.

Of cause, teracopy.xys must be placed into the scripts-folder (unless you put the full path in steps 3.2. , 4.2., 5.2.)
Operating System: Win10 x64 / Win7 x64 / almost allways newest XY-beta
totally XYscripting-addicted

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

Another way to use TeraCopy is, creating own Toolbar-Buttons (so called User Buttons):

1. Rightclick your toolbar and and select "Customize Toolbar" or press Ctrl+Shift+F9
2. Add three User-Buttons to your Toolbar
3. Press OK
4. Rightclick the first User-Button and select "Edit..."
4.1. Name: "TeraCopy"
4.2. Icon: ":copy"
4.3. On Click: "load 'teracopy.xys', 'copy'"
4.4. On right-click: "load 'teracopy.xys'" (optional)
5. Repeat with cut and paste.
Operating System: Win10 x64 / Win7 x64 / almost allways newest XY-beta
totally XYscripting-addicted

Gynsu2000

Post by Gynsu2000 »

It works like a charm, thanks!

bzowk

Post by bzowk »

Hey All -

First of all.... recently I've been trying to find a great replacement for Windows Explorer and after trying 3-4, decided on XY - love it.

Anyways, I was trying to go through this post and figure out this whole TeraCopy integration thing but could not get it to work. I am running the newest build of XYplorer and TeraCopy 2.12 on Windows 7 x64. Even though I run TeraCopy as the default handler for Windoes Explorer and followed the instructions for applying the script (teracopy6.8.xys renamed to teracopy.xys), XY still used the default Windows copier for all keyboard and toolbar shortcuts.

However, I don't know if I downloaded the wrong script, but after a bit of tinkering, I was able to fix it for my machine. It seems that even though teracopy6.8.xys was written to point TeraCopy's path to this on line 26:

$teracopypath=("$teracopypath"!="")?($teracopypath):('%programfiles%\TeraCopy\teracopy.exe');

I had to change mine to this:

$teracopypath=("$teracopypath"!="")?($teracopypath):("c:\Program Files%\TeraCopy\teracopy.exe");

I had to put in the static path, as well as the quotations on each end. I tested both paths from a Run command and after the original one didn't pull up, the latter did.

Again, I am not at all a programmer and could not imagine scripting the original file and who knows, I may have just downloaded/configured it wrong in the first place, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else was haviing the same issue. I can't wait to find out all of the other things that XY can do.

Thanks! - Ben

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

bzowk wrote:Anyways, I was trying to go through this post and figure out this whole TeraCopy integration thing but could not get it to work. I am running the newest build of XYplorer and TeraCopy 2.12 on Windows 7 x64. Even though I run TeraCopy as the default handler for Windoes Explorer and followed the instructions for applying the script (teracopy6.8.xys renamed to teracopy.xys), XY still used the default Windows copier for all keyboard and toolbar shortcuts.

However, I don't know if I downloaded the wrong script, but after a bit of tinkering, I was able to fix it for my machine. It seems that even though teracopy6.8.xys was written to point TeraCopy's path to this on line 26:

$teracopypath=("$teracopypath"!="")?($teracopypath):('%programfiles%\TeraCopy\teracopy.exe');

I had to change mine to this:

$teracopypath=("$teracopypath"!="")?($teracopypath):("c:\Program Files%\TeraCopy\teracopy.exe");

I had to put in the static path, as well as the quotations on each end. I tested both paths from a Run command and after the original one didn't pull up, the latter did.
since you have win7 x64 i assume you're using the 64bit version fo teracopy, right?
then the problem is simple: the way windows 64bit handles the %programfiles% variable.
AFAIK, when a 32bit app uses it (e.g. xyplorer), %programfiles% will point to "X:\Program Files (x86)".
however, teracopy is probably installed in the 64bit folder, "X:\Program Files".
when the script can't find teracopy.exe on the expected path, it falls back to the normal copy handler.

you don't have to edit the script to fix it.
you can change the path to teracopy.exe using the command "configure script" in the script's menu.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

FYI: One of our newest forum users ran into a problem with the naming used for the TeraCopy script attachment and I'll copy relevant parts of thread post http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 467#p45467 here:
Joso wrote:Yes - when I started reviewing the scipt exchange area, I could see that the teracopy thread was the most active, so I started there. The thread is not presented chronologically, but the first item contained a link to the most recent revision of the script - so I downloaded and thought I'd try it out to see what it did before wading thru the thread.

Problem was that the XY load command couldn't find the script because it was named "teracopy6.8.xys". So instead of reading, I continued to fiddle (as I've been doing with these machines for some time now) - AFTER - an hour or so of trying the different methods to load a script, fiddling with the path and path variables and punctuation, (head scratching, shoulder shugging and coffee sipping) - I finally tried renaming the file and the damn thing finally ran. - It was then that I found that the last item in the thread (actually the most recent) mentioned having to change the file name of the script. Sheesh. Why give your script a name that XY chokes on? - Gotta be some form of sadism.
So maybe Muroph as author might be able to tweak this a bit for other users who come along? Such as editing relevant posts (OP and link post) to make a note of that issue at least...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

aspirama

Post by aspirama »

Hello everyone,
I'm a new member in this forum, and a really nooob to scripting... :) I've tried to browse this thread for a good answer to my problems, but can't seem to find anything.
I want to integrate TeraCopy 2.1 seemless with XYplorer 8.80, so TeraCopy handles all copying/moving of files and folders.
Is there anyone of you who can give me a really thorough step-by-step manual on how I can get this to work? A manual broken into detailed steps (as in "Step 1: download following file, place it in x folder". "Step 2: do this and that in XYplorer"). And so on. I've tried to do some of the things described by user "fishgod", but can't get it to work :-(

I've tried to load the script (file: teracopy6.8.xys), but can't seem to get this right.

What I want is to be able to use ctrl x/v/c as normal, but use TeraCopy instead of the normal Windows function of copying/moving/pasting. When I use the normal Windows Explorer, TeraCopy works without any modification at all. It can also be mentioned that when I copy/cut/paste in XYplorer, the program freezes, and I am not able to use it when the copying is in progress. Irritating... Other than that I LOVE XYplorer, it's just SO MUCH BETTER than Windows Explorer in all ways.

My software specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XYplorer v8.80
TeraCopy 2.1

Anyone that can help me? Pleease? :roll:

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

j_c_hallgren wrote:FYI: One of our newest forum users ran into a problem with the naming used for the TeraCopy script attachment and I'll copy relevant parts of thread post http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 467#p45467 here:
Joso wrote:Yes - when I started reviewing the scipt exchange area, I could see that the teracopy thread was the most active, so I started there. The thread is not presented chronologically, but the first item contained a link to the most recent revision of the script - so I downloaded and thought I'd try it out to see what it did before wading thru the thread.

Problem was that the XY load command couldn't find the script because it was named "teracopy6.8.xys". So instead of reading, I continued to fiddle (as I've been doing with these machines for some time now) - AFTER - an hour or so of trying the different methods to load a script, fiddling with the path and path variables and punctuation, (head scratching, shoulder shugging and coffee sipping) - I finally tried renaming the file and the damn thing finally ran. - It was then that I found that the last item in the thread (actually the most recent) mentioned having to change the file name of the script. Sheesh. Why give your script a name that XY chokes on? - Gotta be some form of sadism.
So maybe Muroph as author might be able to tweak this a bit for other users who come along? Such as editing relevant posts (OP and link post) to make a note of that issue at least...
thanks, JC, for mentioning that post.

regarding joso's problem:
there's no need to rename the script file.
i use the name teracopy6.8.xys on all my UDCs and CTBs and they work without a problem.
maybe you forgot to quote the name on the load command.
well, i'll change the name, anyway.
it should make things easier from now on.
aspirama wrote:I want to integrate TeraCopy 2.1 seemless with XYplorer 8.80, so TeraCopy handles all copying/moving of files and folders.
Is there anyone of you who can give me a really thorough step-by-step manual on how I can get this to work? A manual broken into detailed steps (as in "Step 1: download following file, place it in x folder". "Step 2: do this and that in XYplorer"). And so on. I've tried to do some of the things described by user "fishgod", but can't get it to work :-(

I've tried to load the script (file: teracopy6.8.xys), but can't seem to get this right.

What I want is to be able to use ctrl x/v/c as normal, but use TeraCopy instead of the normal Windows function of copying/moving/pasting. When I use the normal Windows Explorer, TeraCopy works without any modification at all. It can also be mentioned that when I copy/cut/paste in XYplorer, the program freezes, and I am not able to use it when the copying is in progress. Irritating... Other than that I LOVE XYplorer, it's just SO MUCH BETTER than Windows Explorer in all ways.

My software specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XYplorer v8.80
TeraCopy 2.1

Anyone that can help me? Pleease? :roll:
first of all, the integration is not perfect.
you can replace keyboard shortcuts and toolbar buttons, but drag'n'drop will still be handled by windows.

to fix the freeze issue you can use "background processing", which is a new feature in xyplorer 9.00.

here's the step-by-step guide:
1. download the script from this post and put it in the folder "scripts" in xyplorer's folder.
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 998#p31998
2. rename the script file to teracopy.xys.
3. to use keyboard shortcuts follow this guide by fishgod (really, i can't be more detailed than that):
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 476#p44972
4. to use toolbar buttons there's another guide, also by fishgod:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 476#p44973
5. type "::load teracopy" in the address bar.
on the menu, click on "configure script".
on the first dialog that pops up, make sure the path to teracopy.exe is correct.
you can just hit enter for the other dialogs.

PS: the script is not dead yet. :mrgreen:
i have started writing a proper configuration dialog in html, but i didn't have enough free time to finish it.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator

vegard

Post by vegard »

j_c_hallgren wrote: So maybe Muroph as author might be able to tweak this a bit for other users who come along? Such as editing relevant posts (OP and link post) to make a note of that issue at least...

chris28

Post by chris28 »

does this work with tera copy 2.2 beta3 ?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

i'm back from the grave!
yay! :D

lot's of things have happened IRL during the months i've been away.
new city, new job, new college, new motorcycle (the most time consuming of all :lol: ).

now that i'm back it's time to get up to date.
there's heaps of text to read in the change log.

i already noticed that the teracopy script won't work on the latest betas.
i'll start working on it later today.

PS: damn, it's good to be back. :mrgreen:

chris28 wrote:does this work with tera copy 2.2 beta3 ?
yeah, it does.
but the script will not work properly with xyplorer v9.80.0108 or newer.
My shared scripts:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:i'm back from the grave!
yay! :D
Welcome back! :D

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

TeraCopy Integration 7.0 beta

i fixed the script, updated the syntax and added an html page for the configuration.
it's not fully tested yet, but i won't be able to do it for a few weeks (going to the beach 8) ).
i've used the basic functions for a couple days without problem, tho, so i'll post it anyway in case someone needs it.

the script works with:
-XYplorer v9.80.0108 or newer;
-Teracopy v2.0beta3 or newer.
teracopy.xys
TeraCopy Integration 7.0 beta
(38.07 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
My shared scripts:

eil

Post by eil »

that'll be a stupid question(especially in topic about same prog), but still- why among alternative copy-managers precisely teracopy is used as advance of coping? is there any reason more than just "we like it more"?
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768