TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Muroph

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by Muroph »

admin wrote:
Muroph wrote:it took me almost an hour to figure out why the script wasn't working. :lol:
at least the the "no update bug" was fixed. :)
1. sorry
no problem.
i had a very nice idea while hunting that bug, so it was worth something in the end. :)

actually, you can learn some neat tricks when you try get arround a bug. :D
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

Thank you very much for integrating XYplorer's Copy/Move/Backup To-list in the copyto and moveto commands!

I have one question about 6.7: when using copyto or moveto I see the status message that xyplorer.ini has been saved. I generally don't save that file to prevent changes to my startup config. The relevant code seems to be this:

Code: Select all

if($ishere==0){
		$inibkp=readfile("<xydata>\<xyini>");
		#193;
		getkey $total,count,FileOpTo; //get copy/move to folders list
		$counter=1;
		$favorites="";
		while($counter<=$total){
			getkey $temp,$counter,FileOpTo;
			regexreplace $temp,$temp,"\\$","";
			$favorites=("$favorites"=="")?($temp):($favorites.<crlf>.$temp);
			$counter++;}
		writefile("<xydata>\<xyini>",$inibkp);
I don't immediately see why saving or backing up xyplorer.ini is necessary since the only operation on this file seems to be a getkey. If i understand your code correctly however, you don't save the current state but instead copy the on-disk contents of xyplorer.ini to a variable and later write that back. So no problem, but just curious.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

nas8e9 wrote:I have one question about 6.7: when using copyto or moveto I see the status message that xyplorer.ini has been saved. I generally don't save that file to prevent changes to my startup config.

I don't immediately see why saving or backing up xyplorer.ini is necessary since the only operation on this file seems to be a getkey. If i understand your code correctly however, you don't save the current state but instead copy the on-disk contents of xyplorer.ini to a variable and later write that back. So no problem, but just curious.
it's necessary if i want to get an updated version of the "copy/move to" list. :wink:

and you got it right. :)
i decided to use the backup exactly for cases like yours, when the user doesn't want to save xy's settings.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

So saving xyplorer.ini gets you any changes made to the Copy/Move/Backup to-list since last saving xyplorer.ini and you thoughtfully back up and after getting the list, restore the last saved xyplorer.ini. Awesome!

sweety

Post by sweety »

Hello,
thanks for your great script. I really like it. I tested it sucsessfully with version 2.0.1 of TerraCopy. (Test and close at same time plus an ms timer to wait until it close)

Greetings Anke

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

well, i'm back from vacation, and here is a small update.

last week i noticed that i had 2 different tc scripts in my xy folder.
one of them worked fine, but the other had 2 typos in the collection script that made it unusable.
when i came back i checked what version i had uploaded, and it was the bugged one. :(

sorry. :oops:

i posted the fixed version in the usual place.
My shared scripts:

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

I seem to have stumbled on an unfortunate limitation of the XYplorer.ini backup function of your script. When saving the configuration (command #193, line 92 of teracopy6.7.xys), prior to the dual-pane functionality only XYplorer.ini got saved. Since the dual-pane introduction, both <xydata>\Panes\<pane number>\pane.ini files also get saved when executing command #193, somewhat defeating the point of backing up XYplorer.ini. The pane.ini files contains the open tab configuration data, among other things. Could you possibly backup both pane.ini files as well?

Thank you in advance.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

nas8e9 wrote:Could you possibly backup both pane.ini files as well?
will do.
thanks for the report. :)
My shared scripts:

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

Muroph wrote:
nas8e9 wrote:Could you possibly backup both pane.ini files as well?
will do.
thanks for the report. :)
well, this proved to be more tricky than i had thought.
i don't want to resort to copying and deleting files, so i'll try a few more things.
it might take a while, tho.
in the meantime you can edit the script to prevent it from saving your settings.
just replace

#193;
with

//#193;
My shared scripts:

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

ok, i officially give up.
nothing i tried was simple, fast or reliable enough.
i guess i'll have to copy and delete the whole panes folder after all.

questions for Don:
1. what is that bunch of tab.dat files in the panes folder?
2. can i safely ignore them during the backup? (this would make things much easier)
My shared scripts:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:ok, i officially give up.
nothing i tried was simple, fast or reliable enough.
i guess i'll have to copy and delete the whole panes folder after all.

questions for Don:
1. what is that bunch of tab.dat files in the panes folder?
2. can i safely ignore them during the backup? (this would make things much easier)
The tab.dat files store the find files settings of each tab (as it says in the first line of each tab.dat :wink: ) They should not be ignored.

I did not follow this. In one sentence: What are you trying to achieve?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

admin wrote:The tab.dat files store the find files settings of each tab (as it says in the first line of each tab.dat :wink: )
yeah, i saw that.
but i thought it would be good to ask anyway. :)
admin wrote:They should not be ignored.
i remember deleting all of them at least twice before without any noticeable side effects.
maybe i was just lucky. :lol:
btw, my pane\1 folder had 11 tab.dat files, but i always have only 8 tabs opened on BOTH panes (4 each).
admin wrote:I did not follow this. In one sentence: What are you trying to achieve?
the idea is to get the up-to-date list of locations in xy's "move/copy to" dialogs.
to do this i have to save xy's settings.
but some users don't want to have their settings saved.
so i need somehow backup, save/overwrite, read and then restore the settings.
doing this to the main config file is easy, but i can't say the same about the panes settings.
to start, they might be shared or private, which is not a big problem.
however, the tab.dat files might be in any number and aren't necessarily named sequentially (i.e. they might be tab2, tab5, tab9,...).
this what complicate things.

in the end i think i'll have to resort to copying, deleting, etc. the panes folder (not the best solution), or use a very slow loop to backup the tab.dat files.
and i'll also make the whole thing optional.
My shared scripts:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:
admin wrote:The tab.dat files store the find files settings of each tab (as it says in the first line of each tab.dat :wink: )
yeah, i saw that.
but i thought it would be good to ask anyway. :)
admin wrote:They should not be ignored.
i remember deleting all of them at least twice before without any noticeable side effects.
maybe i was just lucky. :lol:
btw, my pane\1 folder had 11 tab.dat files, but i always have only 8 tabs opened on BOTH panes (4 each).
admin wrote:I did not follow this. In one sentence: What are you trying to achieve?
the idea is to get the up-to-date list of locations in xy's "move/copy to" dialogs.
to do this i have to save xy's settings.
but some users don't want to have their settings saved.
so i need somehow backup, save/overwrite, read and then restore the settings.
doing this to the main config file is easy, but i can't say the same about the panes settings.
to start, they might be shared or private, which is not a big problem.
however, the tab.dat files might be in any number and aren't necessarily named sequentially (i.e. they might be tab2, tab5, tab9,...).
this what complicate things.

in the end i think i'll have to resort to copying, deleting, etc. the panes folder (not the best solution), or use a very slow loop to backup the tab.dat files.
and i'll also make the whole thing optional.
Holy crap, sounds complicated. What about a new scripting command that will return any of the lists featured under List Management, say as a 0-separated list?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

admin wrote:Holy crap, sounds complicated. What about a new scripting command that will return any of the lists featured under List Management, say as a 0-separated list?
that would make things much easier. :)

but would it be useful for anyone else?
My shared scripts:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:
admin wrote:Holy crap, sounds complicated. What about a new scripting command that will return any of the lists featured under List Management, say as a 0-separated list?
that would make things much easier. :)

but would it be useful for anyone else?
Only anyone else can answer that...