XYSkinner [DEPRECATED]

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
bdeshi

Re: XYSkinner

Post by bdeshi »

but I select to "Cancel" in lieu of "OK" to proceed, the script still changes the skin to "Stencil". So it looks like it doesn't matter if I select "OK" or the "Cancel" button they both change the skin though I'm not sure what's happening in the background.
Actually that one asks if you want to save settings first. If you press OK, settings are saved before restarting, else settings are not saved. Skin is applied either way. As soon as you choose a skin from the popupmenu, it's confirmed (no going back now).

I noticed there's a separator line showing up after my 3rd and last skin with nothing below it other than a small vertical space to the bottom of the menu.
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 79#p107679
I was just curious if you could have hidden the Console Window from displaying rather than telling the user not to mess with it. In general, at least for users that have experience with the script, the less dialogs to contend with and the faster the skin change-over the better (similar to the theme changes). Possibly options to disable some messages for experienced users.
Right, too many popups. I know the script can be better. I'll release a better version, some time in the future. :D
Thanks for the feedback! :D
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

OK, Sammay I understand it wasn't the intent that "Cancel" back out of the script only to provide a choice to save or not to save.

I had noticed your comment on the other thread. Most users probably wouldn't be using the script unless they had multiple skins to choose from anyway so the separator line wouldn't display without your mod. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to get a count of menu items and display the separator only if < 2.

Yes, I think users would appreciate less intervention though the new user may need them...maybe an option to disable prompting similar to what is done in XY SimpleUpdater.

I can't remember now, do you automatically back up XYplorer.exe? I did anyway before use. It might not be a bad idea to automatically/covertly back it up w/o user intervention to a file that would be overwritten each time so the quantity doesn't build.

Thanks again for a very nice script.
Ken
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

Another flat toolbar theme.. All toolbar icons are present, incl. paper folders & man sort. (The zip also contains a few individual icons for custom user buttons, if desired.) Thanks to SammaySarkar for the excellent XYSkinner script.
flat-sample.png
flat-sample.png (63.23 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
flat_skin.zip
(297.6 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
fully & partially monochromatic versions:
flat-mono-sample.png
flat-mono-sample.png (118.66 KiB) Viewed 5405 times
flat_skin_monochromatic.zip
(470.93 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Last edited by sfwood on 28 Oct 2014 07:19, edited 9 times in total.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Looks very good, especially the touch of soft colors instead of all black. :appl:
[ this user is asleep ]

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Thanks. Nice idea to group by color coding.

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

Here is a Photoshop version of the master template helpful for making toolbar skins for use w/ the XYSkinner script:
[Edit--default theme image in template corrected to include paper folders & manual sort icons]
template-XYSkinner-PSD.zip
(633.01 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Skrell

Re: XYSkinner [DEPRECATED]

Post by Skrell »

WOW!! I have to say the ONE thing that has kept me from using XYplorer is the lack of customizable graphics! If this script works as well as it looks then i would definitely consider buying XYplorer! This should be made part of the program by default!

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

+1 :tup:

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Thank you! Thank you! Image

But you should know the supplied skins are behind by a few new buttons. You'll have to compare default.png (created after first run of this script) with supplied skins and add the newer button images for a fullfilling experience. Or Wait, I'll update the skins in a few hours.

btw, I have a reinvented version of this worked out in my mind (only the source code is missing :kidding: ). You've probably just shrunk the ETA from decades-from-now to months years-from-now!
Some probable features: own resource replacer (no ResourceHacker, external download) (this bit is actually already done, I learned BASIC bits for this! ), automatically compile separate button images into final skin (iow: skin chosen buttons only, not all at once), apply skin without modifying <xyexe>.

(However, DON'T go doing this Image yet!)
[ this user is asleep ]

Skrell

Post by Skrell »

SammaySarkar wrote:Thank you! Thank you! Image

But you should know the supplied skins are behind by a few new buttons. You'll have to compare default.png (created after first run of this script) with supplied skins and add teh newer button images for a fullfilling experience. Or Wait, I'll update the skins in a few hours.

btw, I have a reinvented version of this worked out in my mind (only the source code is missing :kidding: ). You've probably just shrunk the ETA from decades-from-now to months years-from-now!
Some probable features: own resource replacer (no ResourceHacker, external download) (this bit is actually already done, I learned BASIC bits for this! ), automatically compile separate button images into final skin (iow: skin chosen buttons only, not all at once), apply skin without modifying <xyexe>.

(However, DON'T go doing this Image yet!)
Awesome to hear man! Thank you for all your efforts and for making XYplorer much more enjoyable to use!

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Here are the three skins collected so far, updated with the newer buttons' graphics.
Attachments
flat-skin_monochromatic.zip
(428.59 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
nuvola.zip
(259.24 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
flat.zip
(217.55 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
stencil.zip
(160.99 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
[ this user is asleep ]

Skrell

Post by Skrell »

SammaySarkar wrote:Here are the three skins collected so far, updated with the newer buttons' graphics.
wow thank you!

PS: Does flat include flat_skin_monochromatic ?

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

whoops. forgot those!
[ this user is asleep ]

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Thank you, Sammay. :beer:

mriege

Post by mriege »

Sammay,
Could you please add the new button icons for version 15.80 into the png files?
Thanks