Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Say it if you mean it...
Stefan

Re: Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Post by Stefan »

v8.10.0010 - 2009-08-04 17:17

* Address Bar: Experimentally quick scripts entered through the
Address Bar are now added to the Address Bar's MRU. Might save you
lots of typing depending on your work style.
That helps, thank you Don.

timhatz

Post by timhatz »

I really like the 'user defined toolbar buttons'.

thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm really pleased with the new "Display folder name only". Well done! :wink:

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

admin wrote:I'm really pleased with the new "Display folder name only". Well done! :wink:
Yep, its a nice feature. Its my default now.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

serendipity wrote:
admin wrote:I'm really pleased with the new "Display folder name only". Well done! :wink:
Yep, its a nice feature. Its my default now.
I tried it but found that it could cause a possible manual (ME!) mistake since I have identically named folder structure on my external drive, so only diff is drive...so could there be an optional way to handle that somehow? Like maybe show drive and folder when not "C:\"? As in "E:\...folderx"? That would get full 'compression' on the most used drive typically and yet differentiate same name folders on other drives...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

I really like how it's now possible to add script commands into a CTB's context menu. This means I don't have to add many CTBs and can have just one generic button with lots of different commands just another click away. Thank you Don! :)
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

zer0 wrote:I really like how it's now possible to add script commands into a CTB's context menu. This means I don't have to add many CTBs and can have just one generic button with lots of different commands just another click away. Thank you Don! :)
I fully agree! As I described in http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 002#p38002, I can now have almost ALL the rest of the available TB buttons accessable via context menu of user button 1, so using this technique, I may be able to get an AB of longer than 1 inch now! Thanks MUCH, Don! 8)
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Thanks for CTB, :icon and SC button!

I using DP and always set the drive for the wrong panel. :x

Now i have simple add two CTB with {Focus "P1"; button "myco";}
and so i have now to "MyComputer"-buttons,
one for the left pane and one for the right pane.

Thanks. Now i go improving this with 'History' feature for the context menu.

BTW: not long and it's time for another ten CTB :mrgreen:

mwb1100

Post by mwb1100 »

Undo - this is fantastic. Now I no longer need to engage even the small amount of brain power I have when wheeling and dealing with my files.

This is nice. To say the least.

Tamil

Post by Tamil »

mwb1100 wrote:Undo - this is fantastic.
Yes. 8)

Ash

Post by Ash »

Donald, Many thanks for the moving the XYPlorer help to CHM format.

I'm still getting up to speed (having recently purchased XYPlorer) and find CHM much more user friendly when it comes to finding specific pieces of information.

I know it's a simple thing, but being able to use CTRL F to jump to specific words in a large page (eg. script reference) saves me so much time. I also appreciate the extra text formatting that has been added to many pages.

Keep up the great work :D ,

Ash

jayfischer

Post by jayfischer »

In searching today for some other stuff on the forums I noticed that there was/is a "heated" debate on dual pane.

So just to confirm (from my perspective) that Don did the right thing in adding DP - I NEVER would have purchased XY if NOT for DP. As a matter of fact over the years I would install a trial of XY and try to use it without DP and it didn't work for me. Only after I noticed that DP was added did I consider using it (and buying it).

I use XY almost exclusively now (need x2 for robust copying and some other items). But XYCopy is coming soon I hope.

Thanks, Don!! :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jayfischer wrote:In searching today for some other stuff on the forums I noticed that there was/is a "heated" debate on dual pane.

So just to confirm (from my perspective) that Don did the right thing in adding DP - I NEVER would have purchased XY if NOT for DP. As a matter of fact over the years I would install a trial of XY and try to use it without DP and it didn't work for me. Only after I noticed that DP was added did I consider using it (and buying it).

I use XY almost exclusively now (need x2 for robust copying and some other items). But XYCopy is coming soon I hope.

Thanks, Don!! :D
Thanks for the feedback! After I had added the feature the DP crowd cooled down dramatically and kind of disappeared from my screen, thus nourishing my suspicion that it all was more about the heat than about actually using DP. So now I know it was not totally in vain.

tux.

Post by tux. »

I like the new Recycle Bin thingy. (Well, stuff I delete is quite rarely restored, I mostly know what I do, but...)
Great idea, great work. :)

Slightly OT:
jayfischer wrote:need x2 for robust copying and some other items

You see? :mrgreen:

Minimax

Post by Minimax »

I wasn't in dire need of the recycle bin feature as I mostly know what I do. :wink:
But the possibility to edit the mini tree is very welcome. Thanks.