Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Features wanted...

Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 10 Sep 2011 00:05

Can we have an option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders? I'd rather have the extra screen space to see a larger version of the image. Also, makes for a cleaner look.
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby admin » 13 Sep 2011 09:04

It's just a 1-pixel border... but anyway, a big revision on the MDBU feature and thumbnails is planned for the not so far future.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33234
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 02 Jun 2012 12:29

don, while you're at it, can you add this in version 11.x?
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby admin » 02 Jun 2012 18:12

You are the only one...
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33234
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 02 Jun 2012 22:10

thanks for recently adding this options to thumbnails. but can you also add borderless option for blow up?
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby admin » 03 Jun 2012 09:27

Tried it and borderless actually looks OK. Will make it an option...:)
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33234
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby klownboy » 03 Jun 2012 13:27

Hi Don,
In part, this sounds very much like what I was getting at back in a previous posts here within this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8162&start=15
and here in this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8219&p=73783#p73783.

Any chance you would reconsider going a step further and have a feature that permits the user once they get into the MDBU mode - using the right click method (i.e., the picture stays up- blown-up), then be able to peruse through the pictures, staying in the blown-up mode by scrolling with the mouse wheel, arrow keys or other means. I think if you encorporated a feature like that people would rarely use Floating Preview mode. Why bother hitting the Floating Preview button or keys if you could simply stay in MDBU and scroll through your pictures. Users would tend to use this Scrolling MDBU mode or the Full Screen Preview mode.
Thanks again,
Ken
klownboy
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: 28 Feb 2012 19:27

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby admin » 03 Jun 2012 13:34

Floating Preview does exaxtly what you want, only better.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33234
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 03 Jun 2012 13:35

admin wrote:Tried it and borderless actually looks OK. Will make it an option...:)


thanks don, very much looking forward to it in the next version :D
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 03 Jun 2012 13:44

klownboy wrote:Hi Don,
In part, this sounds very much like what I was getting at back in a previous posts here within this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8162&start=15
and here in this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8219&p=73783#p73783.

Any chance you would reconsider going a step further and have a feature that permits the user once they get into the MDBU mode - using the right click method (i.e., the picture stays up- blown-up), then be able to peruse through the pictures, staying in the blown-up mode by scrolling with the mouse wheel, arrow keys or other means. I think if you encorporated a feature like that people would rarely use Floating Preview mode. Why bother hitting the Floating Preview button or keys if you could simply stay in MDBU and scroll through your pictures. Users would tend to use this Scrolling MDBU mode or the Full Screen Preview mode.
Thanks again,
Ken


i also like this idea. it would add greater flexibility and convenience to the blow up.

the main difference is that floating preview allows us to resize and reposition the image, and blow up doesn't.
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby klownboy » 03 Jun 2012 14:00

Floating Preview does exaxtly what you want, only better.
Well almost Don, if Floating Preview had an option for a clean frameless picture then you may be right. As ghost zero said, there will be times when someone wants all the information and options available in Floating Preview, but many times we simply want to quickly scroll through the pictures without seeing frames and captions and not needing all the extras. Don't get me wrong, all the extras are are great, but sometimes a simple clean interface is what we want.
Thanks,
Ken
klownboy
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: 28 Feb 2012 19:27

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby eil » 03 Jun 2012 20:46

strangly i don't get all the fuss: there were MDBU, Info Preview, Fullscreen -and everybody seemed ok with it. now Floating appears and everybody gets crazy about no-borders and scrolling. :veryconfused:
all the features i mentioned before served different purposes, Floating ought to serve yet one more, but it seems most recent ideas want to make it a mix of all previous(which imo definitely won't make it more useful). :|
eil
 
Posts: 689
Joined: 13 Jan 2011 19:44

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 09 Jun 2012 10:42

bug: borderless blow up doesn't work for fullscreen and floating preview. can you fix this?
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby admin » 09 Jun 2012 10:48

ghost zero wrote:bug: borderless blow up doesn't work for fullscreen and floating preview. can you fix this?

Define "does not work".
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33234
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Postby ghost zero » 09 Jun 2012 11:00

the border still shows in blow up for fullscreen and floating preview
ghost zero
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 16:48

Next

Return to Wishes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: semicodin and 2 guests