Minor scripting related wishes (a generic thread)

Features wanted...
zer0

Re: Minor scripting related wishes (a generic thread)

Post by zer0 »

admin wrote:Well, bad timing. After 14.00 or 14.10 I might have time for anything non-column...
Now that 14.5 is out of the gates, is there any chance you could squeeze it in please, Don?
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

An undocumented wish. :ninja:

Can you please add Cache All Thumbnails At Once config to the undocumented tweak command.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

zer0 wrote:Now that 14.5 is out of the gates, is there any chance you could squeeze it in please, Don?
Since it has been over a month since my last post, and in absence of hearing anything, I don't feel so bad about bumping this.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

zer0 wrote:
zer0 wrote:Now that 14.5 is out of the gates, is there any chance you could squeeze it in please, Don?
Since it has been over a month since my last post, and in absence of hearing anything, I don't feel so bad about bumping this.
You know since this is a large generic thread, I'm not sure a non-specific bump like this is going to really get Don pumped to work on whatever it is you are bumping. :P

But surely you meant my request for PaperFolder to support 'move' and 'prepend', right? Thanks! ;)

zer0

Post by zer0 »

TheQwerty wrote:
zer0 wrote:Since it has been over a month since my last post, and in absence of hearing anything, I don't feel so bad about bumping this.
You know since this is a large generic thread, I'm not sure a non-specific bump like this is going to really get Don pumped to work on whatever it is you are bumping. :P

But surely you meant my request for PaperFolder to support 'move' and 'prepend', right? Thanks! ;)
The specific wish that I was bumping was regarding adding "on_collision" flag to copyto() to workaround the situation where using backupto() with a progress dialogue does not auto-close it at the end. Sorry, doesn't sound like your request but, since I don't use Paper Folders, sure, why not bump it too? :D
Windows 7/10

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Bumping probably doesn't help this time anyway.
The last wish was granted close to a month ago and I suspect somebody (Don) will have a lot to catch up to once his focus is back on XY...
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

zer0

Post by zer0 »

RalphM wrote:Bumping probably doesn't help this time anyway.
The last wish was granted close to a month ago and I suspect somebody (Don) will have a lot to catch up to once his focus is back on XY...
Probably and there is most likely never a good time for things like that, but at least it shows that I have not forgotten about that wish and it is still something I would like to be granted.
Windows 7/10

totmad1

Post by totmad1 »

Don't usually read "Wishes", so don't know what made me read it this time.
Was interested to see request for SC "Move" and "Prepend" in Paperfolder support.
wondered how difficult it would be to script so :-
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 31#p110931
totmad1 (totally mad one)

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

totmad1 wrote:Don't usually read "Wishes", so don't know what made me read it this time.
Was interested to see request for SC "Move" and "Prepend" in Paperfolder support.
wondered how difficult it would be to script so :-
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 31#p110931
Indeed it can be accomplished with scripting already, but I wanted to avoid doing the work myself and limit how much work my script actually had to do. ;)

I also thought:
  1. They were good options to have.
  2. That others would use them if they were readily available.
  3. That it would be very easy for Don to add them since they are common array operations.
But he's been too busy with other things.

They can actually be done with just successive calls to PaperFolder (in each assume $items contains items to add/move):

Code: Select all

"Append (Move Existing)"
	// Remove items on our list which exist already.
	PaperFolder('test', $items,, 'd');
	// Append our items.
	PaperFolder('test', $items,, 'a');

"Prepend"
	// Remove all items.
	// For some reason: $contents = PaperFolder('test',,,'d') doesn't return the items.
	$contents = PaperFolder('test',,, 'r');
	PaperFolder('test', $contents,, 'd');

// Add our items and then the original items.
	PaperFolder('test', $items . "<crlf>" . $contents,, 'a');

"Prepend (Move Existing)"
	// Remove items on our list which exist already.
	PaperFolder('test', $items,, 'd');

// Remove remaining items.
	// For some reason: $contents = PaperFolder('test',,,'d') doesn't return the items.
	$contents = PaperFolder('test',,, 'r');
	PaperFolder('test', $contents,, 'd');

// Add our items before the original remaining ones.
	PaperFolder('test', $items . "<crlf>" . $contents,, 'a');

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

I have created a search template to find duplicate image files and saved it without the location. I want to assign a UDC and call a script to load the search but for the current path. Can an option be added to pass the location as parameter.

I tried various combinations but couldn't manage to get it running.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

nerdweed wrote:I have created a search template to find duplicate image files and saved it without the location. I want to assign a UDC and call a script to load the search but for the current path. Can an option be added to pass the location as parameter.

I tried various combinations but couldn't manage to get it running.
This should run the search in the current location:

Code: Select all

loadsearch $template, 'r';
You may want to change the options to also include 'e' so that it loads excluded folders from your search template as well, but that will replace the list of exclusions in your Find Files tab.

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

Nopes, that doesn't work.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

nerdweed wrote:Nopes, that doesn't work.
It does work. I just tried it and it works exactly as expected.

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

Partial truth in both cases. It works only if location box is empty or Auto sync is ticked.

I somehow never saw the Auto Sync option until now. Good enough for my case though.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Don, before you get too far into 14.80 development, may I ask that you add on_collision flag to copyto SC as per my wish since before v14 please? Thanks.
Windows 7/10