Minor scripting related wishes (a generic thread)

Features wanted...
TheQwerty

Re: Minor scripting related wishes (a generic thread)

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:
nony wrote:Currently learning filter so...
Filter by month would be handy if available. or maybe regex in filter.
If you really want you can do that with a clever combination of date format and column wise visual filter. Unfortunately I don't have the time to explain the details.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't yet blessed us with VF 2.0 which makes this possible, have you?
nony could use SelFilter() on the date columns but it's not yet possible to use a visual filter.

EDIT: Unless you were meaning that a script could be used to perform the SelFilter(), get the list of files, and then apply that list as the VF... And indeed that's more work than I have time for as well. :P

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
admin wrote:
nony wrote:Currently learning filter so...
Filter by month would be handy if available. or maybe regex in filter.
If you really want you can do that with a clever combination of date format and column wise visual filter. Unfortunately I don't have the time to explain the details.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't yet blessed us with VF 2.0 which makes this possible, have you?
nony could use SelFilter() on the date columns but it's not yet possible to use a visual filter.

EDIT: Unless you were meaning that a script could be used to perform the SelFilter(), get the list of files, and then apply that list as the VF... And indeed that's more work than I have time for as well. :P
Oh, no, I think I blessed you with a mistake. Indeed I confused selection filter with visual filter.

VF 2.0 will come with the new shell columns...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
admin wrote:LOL: I forgot to remove a line of test code in the final 8.80 and now you have your BIF_USENEWUI! Did you voodoo me or what? You have a developer puppet at home and a set of needles?
/me puts away his spell books. :twisted:
I hadn't actually noticed, in fact I was thinking about posting to see if you had added the tweak without mentioning it in the history.

Now I just have to implement it in my scripts and extend my AutoHotkey script to enable (Shift+)Tab for (Up/)Down in that dialog and it will be absolutely perfect.
Or are you going to take it away now? :cry:
No, it can stay for a while.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

1) Could we get a <tab> variable to go with the <crlf> and <br>? Would be easier to differentiate from spaces when used in a script. " " vs " <tab> ".

2) I'd like to see <crlf>, <br>, and the new <tab> extended to include an optional count parameter for repetition. Consider:

Code: Select all

Echo("hello" . StrRepeat("<crlf>", 5) . "goodbye");
vs.
Echo("hello<crlf 5>goodbye");
3) It would be nice if Self() could be expanded to have these additional named params: Label, Caption, Icon, State.

4) While not purely scripting, would it be too difficult to make the native XY-variables case insensitive?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:1) Could we get a <tab> variable to go with the <crlf> and <br>? Would be easier to differentiate from spaces when used in a script. " " vs " <tab> ".

2) I'd like to see <crlf>, <br>, and the new <tab> extended to include an optional count parameter for repetition. Consider:

Echo("hello" . StrRepeat("<crlf>", 5) . "goodbye");
vs.
Echo("hello<crlf 5>goodbye");
3) It would be nice if Self() could be expanded to have these additional named params: Label, Caption, Icon, State.

4) While not purely scripting, would it be too difficult to make the native XY-variables case insensitive?
1) + 2) good.
3) maybe later
4) not sure; performance is one point again...

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:1) + 2) good.
3) maybe later
This is precisely what I had expected your response to be. :lol:

Why no repetition love for <br>? Though to be honest <crlf> and <tab> were the ones where I saw it being most useful, only included <br> for consistency.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
admin wrote:1) + 2) good.
3) maybe later
This is precisely what I had expected your response to be. :lol:

Why no repetition love for <br>? Though to be honest <crlf> and <tab> were the ones where I saw it being most useful, only included <br> for consistency.
<br> is a different beast... echo <br>; will echo "<br>". It's not one of the global XY native variables.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:<br> is a different beast... echo <br>; will echo "<br>". It's not one of the global XY native variables.
Fair enough...

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

Could we redefine omitting an argument to be a little less strict?

"Comments Revenge"
	Text "Why am I not 600x400?<br>That's not my caption!<br>BR! BEHAVE!",/*width*/,/*height*/,/*caption*/,/*wrap*/,/*linebreaker*/;
You're giving these comments illusions of grandeur similar to the sandwiched HEREDOC!

EDIT: On closer look it appears to only break if there isn't a space before the comment. Not good, but not as bad either.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:Could we redefine omitting an argument to be a little less strict?

"Comments Revenge"
	Text "Why am I not 600x400?<br>That's not my caption!<br>BR! BEHAVE!",/*width*/,/*height*/,/*caption*/,/*wrap*/,/*linebreaker*/;
You're giving these comments illusions of grandeur similar to the sandwiched HEREDOC!

EDIT: On closer look it appears to only break if there isn't a space before the comment. Not good, but not as bad either.
Wow, I wouldn't have thought that there still could be a bug buried in those ancient grounds...

Consecutive block comments are even worse...

"Comments Revenge Evil"
   Text "Why am I not 600x555?",/*width1*//*width2*/,555 /*height*/;
... because the inner // in "/*width1*//*width2*/" was wrongly seen as line comment. Anyway, all fixed.

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Can inputselect have sorting options?
At least "sort by name" and "sort by modification date" with respective ascending/descending options would be great. The more sorting modes can be implemented, the better.
Thanks!
(I'm yet to figure out which order it uses to display my files...)
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

SkyFrontier wrote:Can inputselect have sorting options?
At least "sort by name" and "sort by modification date" with respective ascending/descending options would be great. The more sorting modes can be implemented, the better.
Thanks!
In the same vein I'd like to see a function that sorts data.

Sort( List, [Mode], [Dir], [Delimiter] );

Mode: S = Case Sensitive; I = Case Insensitive; N = Numeric (1,2,10 instead of 1, 10, 2)
Dir: 1 = Ascending, 0 = Descending
Delimiter: How List should be split, default '|'.
Might even be nice to include an option to delete duplicate items but that's less important.

Then you could combine this with a Report to sort the data with whatever field you like before giving it to InputSelect.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SkyFrontier wrote:Can inputselect have sorting options?
Thanks!
So you are trying to build a file manager within a file manager? It will take you more than 10 years -- if I support it. Longer if I don't... :mrgreen:

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

admin wrote: So you are trying to build a file manager within a file manager? It will take you more than 10 years -- if I support it. Longer if I don't... :mrgreen:
Dear Mr. Donald Lessau,
I'm trying to manage quantum computers which I use to access my metaverse realities built on top of transverse realities so yes, I am trying to achieve a multi-simultaneous-file management using your software to bring some sort of order to the chaos of the order of the chaos - and I it's doing great thus far, I dare to say. It's a perfect case study if you ask me.
Perhaps some of our researches may lead you into a 400 years timeframe, maybe more of support to your great product - but please, (try to) don't keep us waiting that much at this reality we're writing you from, it'd take lots more of improvements in your work for us to have the perfect tool to circumvent this. Hope you understand that we're trying to save you time and efforts, that's our goal, not the opposite.
Sky's the limit - there's no frontiers. :wink:
Thank you.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SkyFrontier wrote:
admin wrote: So you are trying to build a file manager within a file manager? It will take you more than 10 years -- if I support it. Longer if I don't... :mrgreen:
Dear Mr. Donald Lessau,
I'm trying to manage quantum computers which I use to access my metaverse realities built on top of transverse realities so yes, I am trying to achieve a multi-simultaneous-file management using your software to bring some sort of order to the chaos of the order of the chaos - and I it's doing great thus far, I dare to say. It's a perfect case study if you ask me.
Perhaps some of our researches may lead you into a 400 years timeframe, maybe more of support to your great product - but please, (try to) don't keep us waiting that much at this reality we're writing you from, it'd take lots more of improvements in your work for us to have the perfect tool to circumvent this. Hope you understand that we're trying to save you time and efforts, that's our goal, not the opposite.
Sky's the limit - there's no frontiers. :wink:
Thank you.
Didn't they have good enough file managers on the planet you are coming from? :wink: