Multi user use

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
ktaceton

Re: Multi user use

Post by ktaceton »

Well OK, I just see that highend answered my question whilst I was writing my last post.

Now I see why it did not work.

Again, many thanks for your efforts guys!

ktaceton

Post by ktaceton »

Does the 30 day trial support the Admin.ini file? If so, I would give it a try and would buy licenses if everyting went well during the trial period.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ktaceton wrote:Or, could this problem be in connection with the fact that I am currently using the free version?
Yep. Actually, the feature index was not totally clear about that. I just updated it, look for "Admin Settings (Access Control)":
http://www.xyplorer.com/features.php

highend

Post by highend »

Does the 30 day trial support the Admin.ini file?
Sure :)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

ktaceton

Post by ktaceton »

admin wrote:
ktaceton wrote:Or, could this problem be in connection with the fact that I am currently using the free version?
Yep. Actually, the feature index was not totally clear about that. I just updated it, look for "Admin Settings (Access Control)":
http://www.xyplorer.com/features.php
OK thanks for that, I was neither thinking about this possibly reason before :biggrin:

highend,
great, then I will install the 30 days trial ;-) and hopefully will buy some licences in the end of test period.

ktaceton

Post by ktaceton »

For your information: the 30 days free trial works perfectly with the suggested expansions. We just started introducing XYplorer in our daily routines and will see how it works in life ;-)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sounds great. :D

Note that I have big plans with the MUT feature. I see it as a possible route where XY goes beyond traditional file management and enters filesystem-based multi-user document management.

ktaceton

Post by ktaceton »

Note that I have big plans with the MUT feature. I see it as a possible route where XY goes beyond traditional file management and enters filesystem-based multi-user document management.
That would be incredible! :D

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Note that I have big plans with the MUT feature. I see it as a possible route where XY goes beyond traditional file management and enters filesystem-based multi-user document management.
Wow, that sounds cool.

And for Win 8 up: by providing an adapter view to the inbuild FileHistory (which after a quick look on the file names of the saved versions rather belongs to the trivial side of challenges - would estimate the effort in the range of a quarter Don) one gets versioning on top at no additional cost. :beer:

Cheers,
Filehero

highend

Post by highend »

A new version of RefreshXYTagDB...

- It changes it's icon when a sync takes place (easier to recognize)
- It works with more than one XY instance (always the last used reloads it's db)

Please update the .ini file as well. The "Timer=<value>" format was changed from milliseconds to seconds so a 10 means 10 seconds (and not 10 milliseconds like before).
RefreshXYTagDB.zip
(391.06 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal