Interface doesn't dynamically resize for larger fonts

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
grindax

Interface doesn't dynamically resize for larger fonts

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 24 Jan 2016 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Interface doesn't dynamically resize for larger fonts

Post by admin »

Bug 1: Yep, fix comes.
Bug 2: Impossible to fix in a Euclidian universe.

grindax

Post by grindax »

Last edited by grindax on 24 Jan 2016 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

grindax wrote:When I activate the Info Panel, I can see that everything overlaps and text is not fully displayed
This also spells trouble on Hi-res monitors.

@Don:
I do understand the difficulties of having the info panel scale along with zoom factors and font sizes, but maybe the layout could be made more space-generous?

There are miles of unused space where the info panel is completey blank. If individual elements were spread out to the right, labels and captions less crowded, bounding boxes getting more leeway (vertical and horizontal) - the result would look great with blown-up interfaces, and still good enough on regular screens. At worst, some phone-app users may have to temporarily hide the catalog to see the full width of the info panel.
grindax wrote: Maybe set a limit for how much the font sizes can be increased by, to avoid the problem where things get screwed up in several parts of the UI?
Not a good idea. I live with illegible overlaps - on purpose. It is the only way to run XY on really high DPi settings. I prefer to struggle with truncated words rather than having to resort to screen loupes and magnifiers.