Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Check your Qs & Cast your votes...

Which items are your most desired features right now (up to 3 options)?

01 - Shell Columns (extended file properties as optional list columns)
21
9%
02 - Switch-Catalog-On-The-Fly
8
4%
03 - Win7 stuff (Libraries etc.)
36
16%
04 - Better Office Preview
11
5%
05 - Custom Event Actions (CEA)
22
10%
06 - Virtual Folders (VFO) incl. Drop Stacks
31
14%
07 - XYcopy: Fast & Comfy File Copy/Move, multi-threaded and queued
56
25%
08 - Vertical Preview Panel right of the file list(s)
11
5%
09 - Folder Synchronization
19
8%
10 - Find Dupes
10
4%
 
Total votes : 225

Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby admin » 04 Dec 2009 13:57

The previous poll became fairly outdated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3234

So here an updated one (this time you have 3 votes).
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33250
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby zer0 » 04 Dec 2009 14:22

Considering that Win 7's 'Libraries' are virtual folders that are user-customisable, what new (and better) things will XY's VFO bring to the table (for Win 7 users)? Being a bit selfish there, I suppose, because XY's VFOs will span different operating systems, but with my main OS already having such functionality it'd be "reinventing the wheel", hence the curiosity :)
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise 64-bit SP1
Always using the latest stable build
zer0
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: 19 Jan 2009 20:11

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby admin » 04 Dec 2009 14:30

zer0 wrote:Considering that Win 7's 'Libraries' are virtual folders that are user-customisable, what new (and better) things will XY's VFO bring to the table (for Win 7 users)? Being a bit selfish there, I suppose, because XY's VFOs will span different operating systems, but with my main OS already having such functionality it'd be "reinventing the wheel", hence the curiosity :)

VFOs will be quite different from libraries. You'll see...
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33250
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby j_c_hallgren » 04 Dec 2009 15:33

admin wrote:VFOs will be quite different from libraries. You'll see...
I thought VFO's would include what is known as "drop stacks" so wondering why that is separate vote choice?

Addendum: I chose CEA, VFO & Switch-catalog-on-fly as some of the others don't apply to my OS's or usage.
Last edited by j_c_hallgren on 04 Dec 2009 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master
 
Posts: 5796
Joined: 02 Jan 2006 19:34
Location: So. Chatham MA/Clearwater FL

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby jacky » 04 Dec 2009 16:01

05 - Custom Event Actions (CEA)
06 - Virtual Folders (VFO)
07 - XYcopy: Fast & Comfy File Copy/Move, multi-threaded and queued
Proud XYplorer Fanatic
jacky
XYwiki Master
 
Posts: 3106
Joined: 23 Aug 2005 21:25
Location: France

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby admin » 04 Dec 2009 17:11

j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:VFOs will be quite different from libraries. You'll see...
I thought VFO's would include what is known as "drop stacks" so wondering why that is separate vote choice?
Drop Stack is in fact one of many uses of VFOs. But when I say "Drop Stack" here I think of something very easy to handle (which is a VFO only under the hood). Probably a droppable TB button...
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33250
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby serendipity » 04 Dec 2009 17:46

admin wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:VFOs will be quite different from libraries. You'll see...
I thought VFO's would include what is known as "drop stacks" so wondering why that is separate vote choice?
Drop Stack is in fact one of many uses of VFOs. But when I say "Drop Stack" here I think of something very easy to handle (which is a VFO only under the hood). Probably a droppable TB button...
Thats why I chose "Drop Stacks" which means it will include VFO. My other choices: CEA and XYcopy.
serendipity
 
Posts: 3320
Joined: 07 May 2007 17:14
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby admin » 04 Dec 2009 17:56

serendipity wrote:
admin wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:VFOs will be quite different from libraries. You'll see...
I thought VFO's would include what is known as "drop stacks" so wondering why that is separate vote choice?
Drop Stack is in fact one of many uses of VFOs. But when I say "Drop Stack" here I think of something very easy to handle (which is a VFO only under the hood). Probably a droppable TB button...
Thats why I chose "Drop Stacks" which means it will include VFO. My other choices: CEA and XYcopy.

OK, I changed it a bit: combined VFO and Drop Stack and added a new point:

08 - Vertical Preview Panel right of the file list(s)

Please update your votes (revote is enabled) if you feel like it.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33250
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby zer0 » 04 Dec 2009 17:59

admin wrote:OK, I changed it a bit: combined VFO and Drop Stack and added a new point: 08 - Vertical Preview Panel right of the file list(s)
That should fall under 'Windows 7 stuff' as it is present in Explorer in Windows 7.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise 64-bit SP1
Always using the latest stable build
zer0
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: 19 Jan 2009 20:11

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby admin » 04 Dec 2009 18:10

zer0 wrote:
admin wrote:OK, I changed it a bit: combined VFO and Drop Stack and added a new point: 08 - Vertical Preview Panel right of the file list(s)
That should fall under 'Windows 7 stuff' as it is present in Explorer in Windows 7.

Really?! Did not know. Anyway, I'd like to say the interest for such a panel.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33250
Joined: 22 May 2004 15:48
Location: Cologne

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby tomuser » 04 Dec 2009 19:02

To which category in list belongs request to have possibility to view and explore digital cameras, pda-s and mobile phones ;)?

Now my votes went to Sync and Dupe section.
tomuser
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 04 Dec 2009 18:52

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby Stefan » 04 Dec 2009 19:20

05 - Custom Event Actions (CEA)
06 - Virtual Folders (VFO) incl. Drop Stacks
07 - XYcopy

some thought of my wrote:* 01 - Shell Columns
As additional I think i need only an column for the file version and one for temporary script-output.

* 02 - Switch-Catalog-On-The-Fly
is from interests, but i use PopSel or an script to extend the catalog.

* 04 - Recycle Bin (interpreted version)
i didn't understood what this should be.

* 09 - Folder Synchronization
I need often too, but since i can use an external tool for this i vote for things more belongs to the core of XY
Stefan
 
Posts: 1344
Joined: 18 Nov 2008 21:47
Location: Germany, EU

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby j_c_hallgren » 04 Dec 2009 19:44

Stefan wrote:* 04 - Recycle Bin (interpreted version)
i didn't understood what this should be.
There is a thread about this...it's if XY should show RB as WE does or as it is now (raw view) with interpreted available via Tools.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master
 
Posts: 5796
Joined: 02 Jan 2006 19:34
Location: So. Chatham MA/Clearwater FL

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby Pagat » 04 Dec 2009 21:04

easy choice for me:

05 - Custom Event Actions (CEA)
06 - Virtual Folders (VFO) incl. Drop Stacks
07 - XYcopy: Fast & Comfy File Copy/Move, multi-threaded and queued
Pagat
 
Posts: 301
Joined: 09 Oct 2007 20:23
Location: Austria

Re: Roadmap seq suggestions 2010

Postby zer0 » 07 Dec 2009 10:39

I've gone for

XYcopy -- no brainer, especially as a Win 7 user.
Win 7 stuff -- being a Win 7 user, I'm looking forward to enhancements.
CEAs -- the potential is huge, so it's a tick in this box.

P.S. I hope that there will be some form of interoperability between Win 7's Libraries and XY's VFOs.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise 64-bit SP1
Always using the latest stable build
zer0
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: 19 Jan 2009 20:11

Next

Return to FAQs & Polls



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest